where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Liquid gas container inspection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:47 Feb-21-2001
Nguyen Trong My
Liquid gas container inspection

Dear all,
We are Vietnamese company specializing in nondestructive inspection services. We are seeking for a liquid gas container inspection equipment(system) for quality control of gas container production line. Your >recommendation and/or information regarding:
1. General requirements (Codes and Standards) for LG container inspection
2. Methods and techniques of inspection
3. Equipment
will be appreciated.
Best regards,
Nguyen Trong My
President,
Vietnam Inspection Services
67 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 84.4.7335920
Fax: 84.4.8363295

09:27 Feb-21-2001
Jens Forker
Re: Liquid gas container inspection Dear Mr Trong My

AE testing would be a well suited technique. It provides integral monitoring of liquid gas containers with a limited number of sensors, it provides detailed information about the status of the container, it can show you areas of potential problems, and no scanning is required.
We from Vallen-Systeme provide top-quality AE equipment. For more information contact NDT Instruments in Singapore (NDTINST@mbox2.singnet.com.sg)or see our website www.vallen.de

Regards
Jens Forker

: Dear all,
: We are Vietnamese company specializing in nondestructive inspection services. We are seeking for a liquid gas container inspection equipment(system) for quality control of gas container production line. Your >recommendation and/or information regarding:
: 1. General requirements (Codes and Standards) for LG container inspection
: 2. Methods and techniques of inspection
: 3. Equipment
: will be appreciated.
: Best regards,
: Nguyen Trong My
: President,
: Vietnam Inspection Services
: 67 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
: Tel: 84.4.7335920
: Fax: 84.4.8363295

07:51 Feb-21-2001

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Liquid gas container inspection You need to be a little specific about the type and range of gas cylinders. Are we talking Industrial Type Compressed Gases or Typical Small Domestic LPG Cylinders.

Each will have specific requirements.

For compressed Gas Cylinders you may want to look at the American Compressed Gas Association Guidelines.

What you want to achieve from the inspection and the criticality of application dictates the inspection method.

If you want to do wall measurement in critical cylinders you may want to use an automated screening system using ultrasonic guided waves.

If you wish to monitor hydrostatic tests then the Acoustic Emission Method is well documented Refer To Journal Of Pressure Vessel technology May 1988 Vol 110.
Acoustic Emission Testing & Structural Evaluation Of Seamless Steel Tubes For Compressed Gas Cylinders ASME Vol 108 May 1986 pp 234-240
Materials Evaluation Nov 1987

There is a whole host of references. If you define the scope I am sure there is already standard answers available.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|