where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks >
RT and PT NDT technician
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

05:56 Aug-31-2007
Oleg Grounine
RT and PT NDT technician
Job Location: Everythere

Mr. Oleg Grounine
21/20 Sirley Grove,
East St. Kilda 3183, Melbourne, Australia
Home telephone: (61) (03) 9077-0940
Mobile phone: 0401 881 132
Email: olegau1@yahoo.com.au

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to apply to a NDT technician position (permanent or casual) at your company.
I am looking for employment at a company where I could gain more experience, as well as growing with and contributing to the company. I would be happy to commence work in any position. With the hope of more training and experience I can grow within your company.

I have a Degree of Bachelor of Construction Engineering (obtained in Russia) but for 18 years I had worked as an NDT Technician in Russia and Australia. Most jobs I worked independently including writing of reports.

In Australia I had worked with the Australian NDT Services Company in the city of Morwell from August 2002 until October 2002 as the NDT Technician. Because I lived in Melbourne I took up a position in Melbourne with the INTICO Company where I had worked as the NDT Technician until January 2004 when I was retrenched.
From June 2005 until July 2007 I was employed by ETRS as a NDT Technician. I resigned from the company because I felt at the time that my position became untenable.
Currently I have two Australian licences:
• Radiographic testing welds (Level 2)
• Dye Penetrant testing (Level 2).

In 2004 I passed the Specific and General Examination of Ultrasonic Testing of welds (Level 2), the Magnetic Particle Testing and Eddy Current testing exams (Level 2) at RMIT University. This year I am planning to sit the practical exams to get Magnetic Particle testing licence.
I have had experience performing to the following testing without supervision:
• Radiography Testing according AS 2177.1
• Penetrate Testing according AS 2062
• Magnetic Particle Testing according AS 1171

In Australia I was involved in a wide range of testing involving oil/gas, warships, mining, ammunition, civil construction, power generation and manufacturing industries. I was involved in ultrasonic thickness inspection of pressure vessels and tubing; surface methods testing of cranes, tanks, castings, forgings, bolts, automotive components; radiography of piping, plates, tanks, vessels projectiles, bombs, and automotive components.
I have experience working with Positive Material Identification (PMI) equipment such as Fluorescent Structure Analyser “Metallurgic Pro MII”.
I have experience working with X and Gamma ray equipment on pressure vessels, pipelines, bulk storage tanks, castings and forgings. I am experienced in the operation of different types of radiographic equipment including panoramic, directional, fixed and portable X-ray sets, accelerator and shutter type Gamma radiography projectors.

I am a hard worker, patient, responsible and enjoy a challenge. I have extensive experience working in teams.

I have enclosed my resume and can be contacted on 9077-0940 after 18:00. or by e-mail.

Yours faithfully,

Oleg Grounine

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|