Job Location: Rock Island, Illinois
We are currently seeking NDT Technicians that are certified at a Level II in Radiographic (RT), Magnetic Particle (MT) and Liquid Penetrant (PT) test methods. This position is in Rock Island, Illinois.
(1) Full range of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) inspection testing on production items such as castings, forgings, weldments, machined parts, etc., and also on procured items including both raw material and completed components or assemblies. RT is used about 55% of the time for this position!
(2) Performs inspections through the application of a wide variety of nondestructive testing methods and techniques such as: radiographic; eddy current; ultrasonic (pulse echo, through transmission); magnetic particle (wet and dry, fluorescent and visible magnetic particles); and liquid penetrant (both fluorescent and visible dye, water washable and solvent-remove).
(3) Determines the proper X-ray units, focal spot size and focal film distance using logarithmic and exponential charts, absorption co-efficient tables, step wedges, or radiographic specifications and algebraic calculations.
(4) Reads and interprets film and compares specimen with drawings and specifications when available and uses technical expertise and experience when drawings and specifications are not available.
(5) Identifies and classifies various types of discontinuities such as cracks, laps, micro-shrinkage, misruns, improper materials, incorrect dimensions, disassembly, etc., and determines if material meets specifications or is serviceable by comparing with known standards and by experience if necessary.
(6) Reads and interprets radiographic film for discontinuities such as cracks, voids, separations, inclusions, mis-assembly, and identifies film artifacts such as processing, static marks, scratches, insuring proper identification of all applicable specifications.
Please email resume & contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design
NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly
design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all
other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices.
This has been a major step to make our website more user-
Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented
PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined
Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for
measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation,
all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented,
high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent-
pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real-
time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and
dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also
scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum,
stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but
Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI
programs. Got Lyft?