NDT Technician Job Location: Rock Island, Illinois offered by
We are currently seeking NDT Technicians that are certified at a Level II in Radiographic (RT), Magnetic Particle (MT) and Liquid Penetrant (PT) test methods. This position is in Rock Island, Illinois.
Position involves: (1) Full range of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) inspection testing on production items such as castings, forgings, weldments, machined parts, etc., and also on procured items including both raw material and completed components or assemblies. RT is used about 55% of the time for this position!
(2) Performs inspections through the application of a wide variety of nondestructive testing methods and techniques such as: radiographic; eddy current; ultrasonic (pulse echo, through transmission); magnetic particle (wet and dry, fluorescent and visible magnetic particles); and liquid penetrant (both fluorescent and visible dye, water washable and solvent-remove).
(3) Determines the proper X-ray units, focal spot size and focal film distance using logarithmic and exponential charts, absorption co-efficient tables, step wedges, or radiographic specifications and algebraic calculations.
(4) Reads and interprets film and compares specimen with drawings and specifications when available and uses technical expertise and experience when drawings and specifications are not available.
(5) Identifies and classifies various types of discontinuities such as cracks, laps, micro-shrinkage, misruns, improper materials, incorrect dimensions, disassembly, etc., and determines if material meets specifications or is serviceable by comparing with known standards and by experience if necessary.
(6) Reads and interprets radiographic film for discontinuities such as cracks, voids, separations, inclusions, mis-assembly, and identifies film artifacts such as processing, static marks, scratches, insuring proper identification of all applicable specifications.
Please email resume & contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org