where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.

Technical Discussions
Jacek Lesnikowski
Jacek Lesnikowski
04:23 Feb-26-2001
Porosity of textile

My name is Jacek Lesnikowski. I'm working in Departament of Clothing
Technology and Measuring Systems. In my job I try to find a non invasive method to determinate textiles
porosity (volume of air pores in textile sample divided by total volume of sample)using ultrasonic methods.
Did everyone try to evaluate microstructure of textiles using ultrasonic methods?
Sincerely
Jacek

Joseph Pascente
Engineering
Lixi, Inc., USA, Joined Nov 1998, 39

Joseph Pascente

Engineering
Lixi, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
04:39 Feb-26-2001
Porosity of textile
Dear Jecek,

Lixi has been supplying to the baby diaper market an
X-Ray system for 6 years that can provide porostiy
measurement of textiles.

Regards,

Lixi, Inc.

Jean Paul van Cuyck
Director
A2MS, Applied Acoustics, Materials and Systems, France, Joined Nov 1998, 13

Jean Paul van Cuyck

Director
A2MS, Applied Acoustics, Materials and Systems,
France,
Joined Nov 1998
05:59 Feb-26-2001
Re: Porosity of textile
: My name is Jacek Lesnikowski. I'm working in Departament of Clothing
: Technology and Measuring Systems. In my job I try to find a non invasive method to determinate textiles
: porosity (volume of air pores in textile sample divided by total volume of sample)using ultrasonic methods.
: Did everyone try to evaluate microstructure of textiles using ultrasonic methods?
: Sincerely
: Jacek
The Biot theory could be a way. The sound absorption
by a fiber material (ex : glass fiber)is density and
volumic ratio dependant.

Product Spotlight

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window