where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Porosity of textile
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

04:23 Feb-26-2001
Jacek Lesnikowski
Porosity of textile

My name is Jacek Lesnikowski. I'm working in Departament of Clothing
Technology and Measuring Systems. In my job I try to find a non invasive method to determinate textiles
porosity (volume of air pores in textile sample divided by total volume of sample)using ultrasonic methods.
Did everyone try to evaluate microstructure of textiles using ultrasonic methods?
Sincerely
Jacek

04:39 Feb-26-2001

Joseph Pascente

Engineering
Lixi, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Porosity of textile Dear Jecek,

Lixi has been supplying to the baby diaper market an
X-Ray system for 6 years that can provide porostiy
measurement of textiles.

Regards,

Lixi, Inc.

05:59 Feb-26-2001

Jean Paul van Cuyck

Director
A2MS, Applied Acoustics, Materials and Systems,
France,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Porosity of textile : My name is Jacek Lesnikowski. I'm working in Departament of Clothing
: Technology and Measuring Systems. In my job I try to find a non invasive method to determinate textiles
: porosity (volume of air pores in textile sample divided by total volume of sample)using ultrasonic methods.
: Did everyone try to evaluate microstructure of textiles using ultrasonic methods?
: Sincerely
: Jacek
The Biot theory could be a way. The sound absorption
by a fiber material (ex : glass fiber)is density and
volumic ratio dependant.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|