where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Robert Young
Robert Young
05:52 Jul-01-1998
Oilfield Tubular Testing

Our problem defined:

At various sites within Venezuela, there are tubulars that need to be inspected at the site (i.e., wellsite or pipe yard). Normally, the oilfield service companies - such as Tuboscope - use x-ray technology to check for excess stress, fatigue, cracks, excessive pipe wall loss, etc.) Note: you can view a set of pipe to be inspected for Mobil Oil at: http://www.popc.com/mobil

As there is an urgent need to inspect tubulars in the field, on a more frequent basis than can be applied vis-a-vis heavy, stationary x-ray type equipment, I am interested in determining whether your laptop tool could be used to perform much of this inspection.

My general questions:

* Can your laptop machine be used to inspect tubulars in the field?
* Is the technology relatively proven (i.e., can the results be believed)?
* What are your recommendations?

If possible, I would like to obtain whatever information possible - by e-mail attachment, since I am in Caracas at this moment ... and would like to present your "output" characteristics to numerous oil company engineers here (electronically, meaning ... if there are *.doc files, binary programs that generate example output files about the portable laptop ultra-sonic testing device).

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window