where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Oilfield Tubular Testing
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

05:52 Jul-01-1998
Robert Young
Oilfield Tubular Testing

Our problem defined:

At various sites within Venezuela, there are tubulars that need to be inspected at the site (i.e., wellsite or pipe yard). Normally, the oilfield service companies - such as Tuboscope - use x-ray technology to check for excess stress, fatigue, cracks, excessive pipe wall loss, etc.) Note: you can view a set of pipe to be inspected for Mobil Oil at: http://www.popc.com/mobil

As there is an urgent need to inspect tubulars in the field, on a more frequent basis than can be applied vis-a-vis heavy, stationary x-ray type equipment, I am interested in determining whether your laptop tool could be used to perform much of this inspection.

My general questions:

* Can your laptop machine be used to inspect tubulars in the field?
* Is the technology relatively proven (i.e., can the results be believed)?
* What are your recommendations?

If possible, I would like to obtain whatever information possible - by e-mail attachment, since I am in Caracas at this moment ... and would like to present your "output" characteristics to numerous oil company engineers here (electronically, meaning ... if there are *.doc files, binary programs that generate example output files about the portable laptop ultra-sonic testing device).

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|