where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH
X-ray and CT based NDT systems for a wide range of industrial applications.

Technical Discussions
Robert Young
Robert Young
05:52 Jul-01-1998
Oilfield Tubular Testing

Our problem defined:

At various sites within Venezuela, there are tubulars that need to be inspected at the site (i.e., wellsite or pipe yard). Normally, the oilfield service companies - such as Tuboscope - use x-ray technology to check for excess stress, fatigue, cracks, excessive pipe wall loss, etc.) Note: you can view a set of pipe to be inspected for Mobil Oil at: http://www.popc.com/mobil

As there is an urgent need to inspect tubulars in the field, on a more frequent basis than can be applied vis-a-vis heavy, stationary x-ray type equipment, I am interested in determining whether your laptop tool could be used to perform much of this inspection.

My general questions:

* Can your laptop machine be used to inspect tubulars in the field?
* Is the technology relatively proven (i.e., can the results be believed)?
* What are your recommendations?

If possible, I would like to obtain whatever information possible - by e-mail attachment, since I am in Caracas at this moment ... and would like to present your "output" characteristics to numerous oil company engineers here (electronically, meaning ... if there are *.doc files, binary programs that generate example output files about the portable laptop ultra-sonic testing device).

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Product Spotlight

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window