where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks >
NACE Level III Certified
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd
GRANPECT, X-ray NDT Expert You Can Rely on

06:09 Jul-16-2008
Roger Garriss
NACE Level III Certified
Job Location: ANY

Will “Roger” Garriss
1212 N. Major Dr#12-S
Beaumont Tx, 77706
Cell: 409-273-2732
Home: 409-866-6164
Email: rgarriss@sbcglobal.net

OBJECTIVE:
Working within the corrosion control industry has given me vast familiarity with many varied types of surface preparation treatments and applications of sophisticated coatings and linings first second and third generation. My past experience has provided me with valuable knowledge enabling me to identify and concentrate on specific areas that may lead to coating failure and promptly rectify or advise on corrective actions. My main skills are as follows: Senior Coating Inspector / Superintendent, Coating Advisor / Coating Condition Surveyor / Coating Supervisor and Blasting Painting Manager.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Vast knowledge of the protective coatings, over 25 years of hands on and technical experience in the Industry. Have carried out long term on land and offshore projects for Major Oil Companies such as BP / ChevronTexaco / Total and Exxon Mobil as well as several small independents such as Energy XXI, LLOG, Nexen, and Marlin Energy only to mention a few. With excellent reviews from the onsite owner/ client as well as corporate owner/ client representatives.
Proficient with Excel, Word, power point and some experience with Planner

Protective Coating QA/QC Coordinator:
• Managed 12 Protective Coating Inspectors
• Developed QA/QC Reporting Forms
• Provided Field Technical Support
• Project Management
• Personnel Evaluations
• Trained new hire inspector’s the high quality and standards that were required by the company as well as the client.
• Reviewed Scope, Surface Preparations and Coating Specifications to insure that they were suited for the intended service of the protective coatings.
• Random visits to projects to insure that the client’s specifications as well as NACE Standards were being followed.

Manager of Corrosion / Coatings Surveys:
• Assisted in the development of a 7 year Survey Program
• Public Relations with the Client Representatives.
• Sales of the program services on Deep Water Production Facilities
• Consulted Clients / Owners in various aspects of the industry as well as assisted in setting up a protective coatings program to meet there individual site specific situation or needs.
• Oversee QC Activates and Review and qualify the Reporting of NACE I & II as well as QA inspections on going projects.
• Assisted in the Development of Inspector Guidelines and Procedures

Certifications:
• NACE- Peer Review: Certified
• Current Pass Port / Awaiting the arrival of TWIC Card, Current ISTC Basic Plus
• Current Safe Gulf and Water Survival
• Current BP 6 in 1

EDUCATION:
• Graduate of Doyline High School
Doyline, La.
• Nace Peer Review, Certified
• National Association of Corrosion Engineers, 2008

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
5/2008 – Present: PetroChem Inspections,
Nace Certified Inspections @ ExxonMobil Chalmette Refinery
8/2003 -- 5 /2008: CW Technical Services
Survey / Inspections Manager

3/1998 -- 8/ 2003: Corrpro Companies
Protective coatings Inspection in the US and Foreign Ship Yards and fabrication shops GOM and Abroad as well as offshore production platforms and drilling rigs.

1/ 1992 -- 3/1998: TransOceanSedcoForex
Assistant Driller on 8th Generation Ultra Deepwater Semi Submersible Drilling Rigs, and Drill Ships in the Gulf of Mexico.

1/1989 -- 1/1992: International Coating Inspectors
Industrial Coatings QA/Q/C Inspector

Personal References Available Upon Request

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|