where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Liew Yew Hin
Liew Yew Hin
00:26 Mar-07-2001
Driving airBorne ultrasonics

I am trying to drive ultrasonic transducers MA40B8S. But i have problem driving a group of transducers together as the signal to the ultrasonics transducers becomes distorted which i think may due to the capacitance loading of the transducers. I have no problem driving only a transducer. I would be appreciated if anyone could help me. Thanks

wolfgang.bisle
R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH, Germany, Joined Jul 2000, 35

wolfgang.bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
07:38 Apr-09-2001
Re: Driving airBorne ultrasonics
The simplest solution might be spending a separate power amplifier for each transducer element. I guess, you drive your transducers with a burst or a chirp signal - which normally give the best results in case of air coupling - then you can use the same signal source (from a funtion generator or sine burst generator) and keep the signals of all transducers synchronized. Tune the amplifiers according to the individual impedance of your different transducers.

If you only switch transducers simply in parallel to your generator it is a common phenomen, that the characteristics of the alltogether switched system is mostly much worse than from the single transducer - due to reflections, impedance mismatch, scattered electrical and mechanical characteristics of transducers.

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window