where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs

Technical Discussions
Liew Yew Hin
Liew Yew Hin
00:26 Mar-07-2001
Driving airBorne ultrasonics

I am trying to drive ultrasonic transducers MA40B8S. But i have problem driving a group of transducers together as the signal to the ultrasonics transducers becomes distorted which i think may due to the capacitance loading of the transducers. I have no problem driving only a transducer. I would be appreciated if anyone could help me. Thanks

wolfgang.bisle
R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH, Germany, Joined Jul 2000, 35

wolfgang.bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
07:38 Apr-09-2001
Re: Driving airBorne ultrasonics
The simplest solution might be spending a separate power amplifier for each transducer element. I guess, you drive your transducers with a burst or a chirp signal - which normally give the best results in case of air coupling - then you can use the same signal source (from a funtion generator or sine burst generator) and keep the signals of all transducers synchronized. Tune the amplifiers according to the individual impedance of your different transducers.

If you only switch transducers simply in parallel to your generator it is a common phenomen, that the characteristics of the alltogether switched system is mostly much worse than from the single transducer - due to reflections, impedance mismatch, scattered electrical and mechanical characteristics of transducers.

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window