where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Klimaszewski
Engineering
Instytut Techniczny Wojsk Lotniczych, Poland, Joined Mar 2001, 2

Klimaszewski

Engineering
Instytut Techniczny Wojsk Lotniczych,
Poland,
Joined Mar 2001
01:38 Mar-10-2001
protruding rivets

I would like to get info about commercially available systems for crack detection in multilayer aircraft structures with protruding rivets.

Matt Golis
Matt Golis
07:01 Mar-10-2001
Re: protruding rivets
: I would like to get info about commercially available systems for crack detection in multilayer aircraft structures with protruding rivets.
The folks of the Ultra Image IV group have a portable scanner system that can be equipped with a water-coupled adapter that permits travel over rivot heads and has been proven on aircraft lap splices. The system was compared with others and reported on by the FAA validation center. Info can be found at http://www.ndt.net/news/saic_up.htm

If you have any questions, contact Bob Grills at robert.h.grills@saic.com

Matt

Wolfgang Bisle
Wolfgang Bisle
00:41 Mar-13-2001
If you should look for an ultrasonic inspection solution: Look for the "dripless bubbler" of the IOWA state university. The idea of the dripless with a 3 curtains of brushes to keep the water
is excellent. I don't know wether they are now in a postion to have this development commercialized. We ad EADS failed a year ago to buy only that bubbler, they wanted to sell us a complete system we did not need. But the idea is great.
Ref. to Rev. of Progr. in QNDE Vol 15.pp2045 (1996)
Responsible at the IOWA State Univ. is Thadd C. Patton & David K.Hsu
There are other solutions with 3 rotating ultrasound transducers and dry coupling on the market (one was developed by EADS Military in Manching Germany - maybe E.Grauvogl knows about it (Ernst.Grauvogl@m.dasa.de))

But in general you should think more about Eddy Current Testing as it is much more fitting that problem. Ask companies like Rohmann or Foerster, they have solutions with special probes.

Tuan Nguyen
Tuan Nguyen
09:19 Oct-16-2001
I would like to get info about commercially available systems for crack detection in multilayer aircraft structures with protruding rivets.

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Ultrasonic Flaw Detector & Thickness Gauge: Smartor

SIUI’s newly launched Smartor is a combination of ultrasonic testing and ultrasonic thickness me
asurement. ●IP 66 ●Compact size: 198 (W)* 128 (H) *520 (D) mm ●0.9kg only with battery ●5.7" LCD with high resolution 640×480 pixels ●One-hand operation ●Multiple conventional UT functions ●Smart Test Wizard ●Weld Simulation
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window