where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.

Technical Discussions
Mike Plant
Mike Plant
03:28 Jul-23-1998
Coloring cells for MS excel thickness survey report

I have recently completed a UT thickness survey of a vessel and have written up the results in micrsoft excel. I wish to color code the cells according to their thickness to highlight thin areas. Does anyone know how this is done, maybe by macro?
Thanks in advance.

U. Mletzko
R & D, Retired
Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 89

U. Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:49 Jul-24-1998
Re: Coloring cells for MS excel thickness survey report
: I have recently completed a UT thickness survey of a vessel and have written up the results in micrsoft excel. I wish to color code the cells according to their thickness to highlight thin areas. Does anyone know how this is done, maybe by macro?
: Thanks in advance.

Using Excel 97, this is a built-in feature. It is in menu ***Format***. In German language the menu item is ***Bedingte Formatierung***, in English it might be ***Format with conditions*** or similar.

Best regards
Uli Mletzko, MPA,University of Stuttgart, Germany

William Friedman
William Friedman
01:32 Jul-25-1998
Re: Coloring cells for MS excel thickness survey report
: : I have recently completed a UT thickness survey of a vessel and have written up the results in micrsoft excel. I wish to color code the cells according to their thickness to highlight thin areas. Does anyone know how this is done, maybe by macro?
: : Thanks in advance.

If you have an earlier version of Excel then you need to use a macro. You can use the RECORD MACRO mode to define the code for setting the color by using the Format Pattern selections. Then you will have to create a Do Loop in visual basic with an If statement to check every cell in your image.

Good luck, Using Visual Basic is not trivial.

Bill Friedman

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window