where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Simulating Corrosion
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:36 Apr-02-2001
Justin Goranson
Simulating Corrosion

We are going to start a program in which we need to test for ways to measure corroded and very rough surfaces. My question is if anyone knows how to corrode a surface so that is uneven, and not just creating a thinner sample?

07:48 Apr-02-2001

Phil Herman Jr.

Sales, - Manufacture of NDT Reference Standards/Test Blocks
PH Tool Reference Standards,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Simulating Corrosion Justin,
PH Tool Reference Standards has developed a proprietary method to artificially recreate actual corrosion using the Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) process. Corroded "pads" can faithfully simulate real corrosion while maintaining precise depth dimensions. Contact me if you need more info.

: We are going to start a program in which we need to test for ways to measure corroded and very rough surfaces. My question is if anyone knows how to corrode a surface so that is uneven, and not just creating a thinner sample?

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|