where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Andre van Vuuren
Andre van Vuuren
06:33 Apr-03-2001
High Temp UT Probes

I am looking for contacts who can supply me with UT probes for continual scanning at temperatures Exceeding 300°C. Both compression & shear wave single & Twin crystal probes are required.

Thank you

sunil mukul
NDT Inspector
offshore testing & inspection services (I) pvt ltd, India, Joined Dec 2000, 17

sunil mukul

NDT Inspector
offshore testing & inspection services (I) pvt ltd,
India,
Joined Dec 2000
04:38 Apr-05-2001
Re: High Temp UT Probes
: please contact with details
we have these type of probes of panametric make.
: Thank you

Art Leach
Art Leach
05:13 Apr-06-2001
Krautkramer makes the HT-400 probes cabable of measurements at surface temperatures of 500 Degrees C (1,000 F). This ofcourse requires temperature cycling of the probe. More information is available on www.krautkramer.com.

: I am looking for contacts who can supply me with UT probes for continual scanning at temperatures Exceeding 300°C. Both compression & shear wave single & Twin crystal probes are required.

Katie Lee
Katie Lee
07:54 Apr-11-2001

Panametrics Dual Element D790 transducer can be used for intermittant contact up to 500 C, and continuous contact up to 150 C. Panametrics X2002 Single Element Delay Line transducer can be used for continuous contact up to 175 C and 85 PSIG.

At 300 C it will be difficult to continuously scan with a shear wave transducer since even shear wave couplants melt at this temperature. Liquid couplants cannot be sheared and therefore cannot transmit shear waves. Unless the transducer is bonded to the test surface (which will eliminate the ability to scan), or you find a couplant that doesn't melt at this temperature, you will not be able to transmit shear waves at this temperature.

For more information, please visit Panametrics at www.panametrics.com.

: I am looking for contacts who can supply me with UT probes for continual scanning at temperatures Exceeding 300°C. Both compression & shear wave single & Twin crystal probes are required.

Jim Knowles
Jim Knowles
05:34 Apr-18-2001
I have used high temp probes upto 400 degrees continously.

Product Spotlight

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window