where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Andre van Vuuren
Andre van Vuuren
06:33 Apr-03-2001
High Temp UT Probes

I am looking for contacts who can supply me with UT probes for continual scanning at temperatures Exceeding 300°C. Both compression & shear wave single & Twin crystal probes are required.

Thank you

sunil mukul
NDT Inspector
offshore testing & inspection services (I) pvt ltd, India, Joined Dec 2000, 17

sunil mukul

NDT Inspector
offshore testing & inspection services (I) pvt ltd,
India,
Joined Dec 2000
04:38 Apr-05-2001
Re: High Temp UT Probes
: please contact with details
we have these type of probes of panametric make.
: Thank you

Art Leach
Art Leach
05:13 Apr-06-2001
Krautkramer makes the HT-400 probes cabable of measurements at surface temperatures of 500 Degrees C (1,000 F). This ofcourse requires temperature cycling of the probe. More information is available on www.krautkramer.com.

: I am looking for contacts who can supply me with UT probes for continual scanning at temperatures Exceeding 300°C. Both compression & shear wave single & Twin crystal probes are required.

Katie Lee
Katie Lee
07:54 Apr-11-2001

Panametrics Dual Element D790 transducer can be used for intermittant contact up to 500 C, and continuous contact up to 150 C. Panametrics X2002 Single Element Delay Line transducer can be used for continuous contact up to 175 C and 85 PSIG.

At 300 C it will be difficult to continuously scan with a shear wave transducer since even shear wave couplants melt at this temperature. Liquid couplants cannot be sheared and therefore cannot transmit shear waves. Unless the transducer is bonded to the test surface (which will eliminate the ability to scan), or you find a couplant that doesn't melt at this temperature, you will not be able to transmit shear waves at this temperature.

For more information, please visit Panametrics at www.panametrics.com.

: I am looking for contacts who can supply me with UT probes for continual scanning at temperatures Exceeding 300°C. Both compression & shear wave single & Twin crystal probes are required.

Jim Knowles
Jim Knowles
05:34 Apr-18-2001
I have used high temp probes upto 400 degrees continously.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window