where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.
Technical Discussions
venkat
Student
university of nebraska-lincoln, USA, Joined Apr 2001, 1

venkat

Student
university of nebraska-lincoln,
USA,
Joined Apr 2001
09:55 Apr-26-2001
horn design in Ultrasonic vibrations

hi
I would like to know some details regarding the design of horns in Ultrasonic vibration. Right now want to know the design specfication deatils.i am using a 20kHz generator.

bye
venkat

John Rutter
John Rutter
07:46 Apr-26-2001
Re: horn design in Ultrasonic vibrations
: I would like to know some details regarding the design of horns in Ultrasonic vibration. Right now want to know the design specfication deatils.i am using a 20kHz generator.
=========================
venkat,
have you examined AES (Audio Engineering Society) papers for information on acoustic horns? You might also want to look at some loudspeaker horn applications, which are discussed at these sites:
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/bbs.html
http://melhuish.org/audio/horn.htm
best luck,
JR

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window