where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Malte Krill
Malte Krill
08:22 Apr-27-2001
Inspection cost for remanufactured engines

I am currently writing a thesis about remanufacturing of engine components. Could anyone tell me what inspection of engine blocks - e.g. with magnetc particle - costs? What parameters influence these cost in terms of block design?
Thanks for your help!

Bill Grove
Bill Grove
03:09 Jun-08-2001
Re: Inspection cost for remanufactured engines
: I am currently writing a thesis about remanufacturing of engine components. Could anyone tell me what inspection of engine blocks - e.g. with magnetc particle - costs? What parameters influence these cost in terms of block design?
: Thanks for your help!

I am with Engine Master, L.P., A DelcoRemy International Company. I have stumbled across your posting and was curious if you got any significant responses. I noticed you posted in April.

I am not sure I really have any meaningfull data I could share with you.

Bill Grove

Malte Krill
Malte Krill
02:40 Jun-14-2001
Re: Inspection cost for remanufactured engines
No, unfortunately you were the first who answered to my question.

Anyway, the question I posted was only a minor aspect of my research - I was just curious if there is any information out there that someone could provide.

I finished my thesis yesterday and will leave the U.S. to go back to Germany at the end of this month. Thanks you anyway!

Malte

Product Spotlight

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window