where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Malte Krill
Malte Krill
08:22 Apr-27-2001
Inspection cost for remanufactured engines

I am currently writing a thesis about remanufacturing of engine components. Could anyone tell me what inspection of engine blocks - e.g. with magnetc particle - costs? What parameters influence these cost in terms of block design?
Thanks for your help!

Bill Grove
Bill Grove
03:09 Jun-08-2001
Re: Inspection cost for remanufactured engines
: I am currently writing a thesis about remanufacturing of engine components. Could anyone tell me what inspection of engine blocks - e.g. with magnetc particle - costs? What parameters influence these cost in terms of block design?
: Thanks for your help!

I am with Engine Master, L.P., A DelcoRemy International Company. I have stumbled across your posting and was curious if you got any significant responses. I noticed you posted in April.

I am not sure I really have any meaningfull data I could share with you.

Bill Grove

Malte Krill
Malte Krill
02:40 Jun-14-2001
Re: Inspection cost for remanufactured engines
No, unfortunately you were the first who answered to my question.

Anyway, the question I posted was only a minor aspect of my research - I was just curious if there is any information out there that someone could provide.

I finished my thesis yesterday and will leave the U.S. to go back to Germany at the end of this month. Thanks you anyway!

Malte

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window