where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Inspection cost for remanufactured engines
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:22 Apr-27-2001
Malte Krill
Inspection cost for remanufactured engines

I am currently writing a thesis about remanufacturing of engine components. Could anyone tell me what inspection of engine blocks - e.g. with magnetc particle - costs? What parameters influence these cost in terms of block design?
Thanks for your help!

03:09 Jun-08-2001
Bill Grove
Re: Inspection cost for remanufactured engines : I am currently writing a thesis about remanufacturing of engine components. Could anyone tell me what inspection of engine blocks - e.g. with magnetc particle - costs? What parameters influence these cost in terms of block design?
: Thanks for your help!

I am with Engine Master, L.P., A DelcoRemy International Company. I have stumbled across your posting and was curious if you got any significant responses. I noticed you posted in April.

I am not sure I really have any meaningfull data I could share with you.

Bill Grove

02:40 Jun-14-2001
Malte Krill
Re: Inspection cost for remanufactured engines No, unfortunately you were the first who answered to my question.

Anyway, the question I posted was only a minor aspect of my research - I was just curious if there is any information out there that someone could provide.

I finished my thesis yesterday and will leave the U.S. to go back to Germany at the end of this month. Thanks you anyway!

Malte

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|