where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Massimo Schinelli
Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting, Italy, Joined Jan 2001, 8

Massimo Schinelli

Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting,
Italy,
Joined Jan 2001
02:05 May-04-2001
Roots detection in soil

I am looking for a reliable method to estimate the average depth of penetration of some trees' roots in the soil. This is to evaluate the potential use of some trees species to stabilise shallow landslides. Has anyone experience on this subject?
Thanks in advance,

Massimo Schinelli

Gary Woodside
Gary Woodside
04:01 May-04-2001
Re: Roots detection in soil
Both cameras and borescopes have been used in the past to study root propagation. I believe the info you require is already available from one of the agricultural universities. In the past they have inserted perspex tube into the soil and watched the roots grow.
Regards
Gary
: I am looking for a reliable method to estimate the average depth of penetration of some trees' roots in the soil. This is to evaluate the potential use of some trees species to stabilise shallow landslides. Has anyone experience on this subject?
: Thanks in advance,
: Massimo Schinelli

Massimo Schinelli
Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting, Italy, Joined Jan 2001, 8

Massimo Schinelli

Consultant, Geotechnics
Schinelli Consulting,
Italy,
Joined Jan 2001
08:45 May-04-2001
Re: Roots detection in soil
What I was thinking about was a geophysical method such as georadar, which could allow to inspect reasonably high volumes of soil/rock. According to my opinion visual inspections with cameras and boroscopes would imply rather punctual and very localised inspections.

Regards,

Massimo Schinelli

Product Spotlight

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

VOGT Ultrasonics awarded innovation champion

Let go of the old and try something new. VOGT convinced the jury in the 27th round of the TOP 100
innovation competition. Our team is very pleased to officially belong to the TOP 100 in Germany!
>

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

PAUT Probes

Typical Phased Array probes have frequencies between 1MHz and 20MHz and the number of wafers is 10
to 128. M2 Electronics offers customers conventionally ultrasound probes and the ability to provide high-precision Phased Array Ultrasound Probes of up to 256 wafers. We can also customize the probe for our customers to meet the specific application requirements of the user.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window