where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Crack-detection intelligent pigging
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Lizard NDE Ltd
Lizard NDE Ltd- Home of the Lizard FGI electro-magnetic array technology

09:48 Jan-17-2009

Sibusiso MZILA

Engineering, Pipeline integrity
Transnet SOC Limited,
South Africa,
Joined May 2004
Crack-detection intelligent pigging

I am with a pipeline operating company in its pipeline integrity department. For the uninitiated; intelligent pigging is an automated NDT procedure. I wish to touch base with individuals who have used it (UT, MFL, EMAT or any other technology).

15:24 Jan-17-2009

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Crack-detection intelligent pigging In Reply to Sibusiso MZILA at 09:48 Jan-17-2009 (Opening).

I work with pipeline integrity and the various ILI tools that are available around the globe. This is currently an interesting area of NDE due to challenges facing the industry with thicker walls and the need to address areas traditionally considered 'non piggable'. Crack detection ILI tools have improve ddramatically in recnet years but still have significant challenge sin terms of orienttaion, wall thickness range and the detection threshold. Would be pleased to engage in dialog on this topic. If you are also interetsed you should investigate the Pipeline Research Council International (PRCI) website who have and continue to evaluate pipeline ILI technologies.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|