where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Information regarding getting pictures off all NDT stuffs
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vidisco Ltd.
Vidisco Ltd. is the leading designer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art Digital Radiography systems.

12:38 Feb-10-2009

Abbas Bombaywala

NDT Inspector
Free Lance,
India,
Joined Jul 2007
Information regarding getting pictures off all NDT stuffs

If anyone can advise me any good site from where i can download the pictures of NDT stuff like Radiography instruments and UT & Eddy current Instruments and accessories.

i would be highly obliged

Regards

07:20 Feb-11-2009
Peter
Re: Information regarding getting pictures off all NDT stuffs In Reply to Abbas Bombaywala at 12:38 Feb-10-2009 (Opening).

I think this link will be good www.ndts.net

Regards

11:05 Feb-11-2009

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: Information regarding getting pictures off all NDT stuffs In Reply to Abbas Bombaywala at 12:38 Feb-10-2009 (Opening).

The internet will have a good number of photos. This website itself has an exhibitor's stand where almost all NDT manufacturers of different NDT equipment have their stands. If your use is non-commercial, they will be happy to share the photos with you. They may allow you to use their photos even for commercial purposes but that needs to be discussed with them.

Best wishes.

Swamy
NDT Guru

12:12 Feb-11-2009

Abbas Zoher Bombaywala

NDT Inspector
Free Lance,
India,
Joined Jul 2007
Re: Information regarding getting pictures off all NDT stuffs In Reply to S.V.Swamy at 11:05 Feb-11-2009 .

Dear Sir,

I just want to create a software for our logistic and adminstrative personnel in which we will indent something for our use and when they will click on that items they get the picture of that and they can come to know that this is the thing which they need to purchase.

Thanks

02:27 Feb-14-2009

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: Information regarding getting pictures off all NDT stuffs In Reply to Abbas Zoher Bombaywala at 12:12 Feb-11-2009 .

Dear Abbas,

Unless your company's purchase system allows it, the purchaser of any organization is expected to specify generic items and not proprietary items. Every item has a code number and a description of the item and specifications in the database, that is used by indentor, purchase, stores etc. If your organization has gone in for standardization, a few approved vendors and the item codes for their products will be there in the database. Thus spares would be proprietary and equipments and consumables would be from a few approved vendors. For example, if an ultrasonic flaw detector is to be indented, you would get a few choices from different vendors, but if you were to order a probe for an existing flaw detector, it would be from the product line of that specific vendor. Using photograph of another vendor could lead to serious problems.

I would recommend that the existing items are photographed using a simple digital camera and the images uploaded to the database. Provision for user to add images later can be made so that when new items are added to the database, images could be uploaded by the user.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|