where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Airstar Inc.
Application of the newest technologies, such as air-coupled ultrasound, digital instrumentation, signal processing, and transducer technology.

Technical Discussions
Jerry Sorbara
Jerry Sorbara
03:13 May-22-2001
Weld Monitoring

Hello,

I'm from National Automation and Technologies Inc. in Hamilton, Ontario. We are currently working on an application where we have been asked to monitor or to ensure the intergrity of a weld. The application is cold rolled steel being inductively welded at 100'/min. Is there anyway of using eddy current type technology to look for cold/bad or missing welds? If anyone has ever done something like this your input is much appreciated.

Jerry Sorbara

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 298

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:27 May-23-2001
Re: Weld Monitoring
: Hello,
: I'm from National Automation and Technologies Inc. in Hamilton, Ontario. We are currently working on an application where we have been asked to monitor or to ensure the intergrity of a weld. The application is cold rolled steel being inductively welded at 100'/min. Is there anyway of using eddy current type technology to look for cold/bad or missing welds? If anyone has ever done something like this your input is much appreciated.
: Jerry Sorbara
My company markets the Technofour range of instruments and mechanics for eddy current testing.

One of their products is the "Flawmark E.C.", specifically designed for testing wires and tubes made from ferro=magnetic materials, and includes inspection of a seam weld in tubes.

This instrument will be eminently suitable for your application, and because it is manufactured in India, will have a very competitive price.

Please contact me with more details of your application.

Our web-site is www.hands-ndt.co.uk and that of Technofour is www.Technofour.com

With my best Regards,

Godfrey Hands

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 520

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
04:32 May-23-2001
I've done quite a lot with this in the past.

Small defects can be found with a magneticaly biased differential probe, Detecting unwelded sections requires an absolute channel.
Detection of 'cold' welds tends to involve some kind of signal analysis , nowadays computerised. This is the one area which is bit more of a problem.

Unfortunately Zetec, who I work with at the moment, dont have equipment for this market. Companies who do, and who have reasonable support in North America, Include Hocking, Rohmann, Forster, Pruftechnik and MAC

Good luck
Joe

: Hello,
: I'm from National Automation and Technologies Inc. in Hamilton, Ontario. We are currently working on an application where we have been asked to monitor or to ensure the intergrity of a weld. The application is cold rolled steel being inductively welded at 100'/min. Is there anyway of using eddy current type technology to look for cold/bad or missing welds? If anyone has ever done something like this your input is much appreciated.
: Jerry Sorbara

Mirek Macecek
R & D,
Techno Scientific Inc, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 6

Mirek Macecek

R & D,
Techno Scientific Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
09:38 May-25-2001

: : Hello,
: .
: : I'm from National Automation and Technologies Inc. in Hamilton, Ontario. We are currently working on an application where we have been asked to monitor or to ensure the intergrity of a weld. The application is cold rolled steel being inductively welded at 100'/min. Is there anyway of using eddy current type technology to look for cold/bad or missing welds? If anyone has ever done something like this your input is much appreciated.
: : Jerry Sorbara
: My company markets the Technofour range of instruments and mechanics for eddy current testing.
: One of their products is the "Flawmark E.C.", specifically designed for testing wires and tubes made from ferro=magnetic materials, and includes inspection of a seam weld in tubes.
: This instrument will be eminently suitable for your application, and because it is manufactured in India, will have a very competitive price.
: Please contact me with more details of your application.
: Our web-site is www.hands-ndt.co.uk and that of Technofour is www.Technofour.com
: With my best Regards,
: Godfrey Hands
Dear Jerry:

We can solve your problem with weld inspection.
And - we are in TO one hour from you.

pls give me a call at 905 760 1745.

Mirek

Kosmos Qwantum corp.
Kosmos Qwantum corp.
09:27 Jun-08-2001
: : Hello,Jerry

: We are best in the world

Welcom WWW.UZK.RU

: With my best Regards,

Product Spotlight

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window