where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Eddyfi
Eddyfi Technologies provide the most advanced NDT technologies in the world, helping OEMs, asset owners and service companies enhance productivit ...
Technical Discussions
ketabchi
Engineering, -
Iran, Joined Mar 2008, 2

ketabchi

Engineering, -
Iran,
Joined Mar 2008
12:25 Feb-25-2009
railway wheel

how can test the railway tyred wheel to determain rotate tyre on to wheel center on line or off line?
in railway wheel tyre fitting on to wheel center maybe in service tyre rotate on wheel center how can by use ndt method we determine loose or displacement tyre on wheel center on line and off line. please help me whith detail of this qestion thanck alot

Dear sir/ Madam
I am s.ketabchi, working in railway factory and i am ms student mechanicl engineering college, tabrize.iran Now i am work to complet my ms project .I want to know whether
how can test the railway tyred wheel to determain rotate tyre on to wheel center on line or off line?
in railway wheel fitting tyre or rim by treatment function whith 1.3 mm tolerance in railway wheel and use ring rolled around it . when train use breake continusly and brake system has problem the heat from it cause the tyre around wheel center rotate or clearance from it thats dengerous for exit vagonwhich method or ndt method indicate clearance tyre in old system use hamer testing an observe for sintific kind which we use
in railway wheel rim/tyre fitting on to wheel center maybe in service tyre rotate on wheel center how can by use ndt method we determine loose or displacement tyre on wheel center on line and off line. please help me whith detail of this qestion thanck alot
. Plese tell me how to determain loose tyre in railway tyred wheel.

Please help me in this matter.

Expecting your favourable reply.

Yours sincerely

S.ketabchi

Paul Bentley
Paul Bentley
15:42 Feb-25-2009
Re: railway wheel
In Reply to ketabchi at 12:25 Feb-25-2009 (Opening).

Dear Mr Ketabchi

Our company, Newt International of the UK, has performed many examinations of railway wheel tread surfaces using the Lizard FGI (Field Gradient Imaging) system. Using this advanced electromagnetic method we can interrogate the surface of the tread to identify (amongst other issues such as cracking, spalls, stick slip events) the running band or work hardened part of the tread as well as the profile changes. We have performed such measurements on passenger fleets and for freight vehicles with fantastic results, ensuring a much greater level of information from the tyre surface than could ever be gleaned from visual and dimensional measurements alone.

If you would like more information please contact me or visit www.lizard.co.uk for further information. I hope that this has helped.

Best regards

Paul Bentley

ketabchi
Engineering, -
Iran, Joined Mar 2008, 2

ketabchi

Engineering, -
Iran,
Joined Mar 2008
12:24 Mar-09-2009
In Reply to Paul Bentley at 15:42 Feb-25-2009 .

hi dear mr Paul Bentley
thank a lot to ask my qustion and serve your gold time
its very interesting for me becuse i dont find any thing for loose tyre of railway tyred wheel
please if no problem help this mater to me and send or explained more detail

Sincerely yours s. ketabchi

Paul Bentley
Paul Bentley
12:08 Mar-10-2009
In Reply to ketabchi at 12:24 Mar-09-2009 .

Dear Mr Ketabchi

Thank you for your continued interest in the Lizard technology. I have had interest from companies in Iran recently but unfortunately have been informed by the UK Department for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform (formerly DTI) that it will be incredibly difficult to do business between our countries in the current political situation. This is extremely unfortunate. If this information is incorrect or somebody believes there is a solution to this problem I would be very interested to hear from them.

Best regards

Paul Bentley

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window