where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Scanner for external corrosion mapping on pipelines
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ZETEC, Inc.
is your Key Supplier of Phased Array UT and Eddy Current Solutions.– Complete and Fully Integrated!

19:14 Mar-04-2009
Douglas Buchanan
Scanner for external corrosion mapping on pipelines

Can anyone point me to manufacturers of scanners that are capable of mapping external corrosion on pipelines? This would be for B31G or RSTRENG analysis. I will be looking into laser, ultrasonic, impedance coil array, or anything else that works. The only scanners I am aware of are RTD's laser scanner and Clockspring's conformable array. Your help is much appreciated!

DB

11:44 Mar-05-2009
Paul Bentley
Re: Scanner for external corrosion mapping on pipelines In Reply to Douglas Buchanan at 19:14 Mar-04-2009 (Opening).

Dear Mr Buchanan

We at Newt International in the UK have technology that has performed mapping of surface corrosion on the inside of diesel tanks using our Lizard FGI array technology giving a colour map display of the severity of pitting. This FGI technology can also be used on the outside of pipes as per your requirement. We have combined the Lizard technology with MFL to give seperate images for internal and external corrosion mapping.

Our website address is www.lizard.co.uk where further information for our technology and products can be found. Please feel free to contact us should you require further information.

Best regards

Paul Bentley
paul@lizard.co.uk

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|