where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Chris Cobb
Chris Cobb
15:00 Mar-10-2009
Certifications

Can i work outside the usa with my certifications or do i have to go through all my training again? because i would like to work globally if somebody out there could help please do thank you for your time.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 856

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
16:57 Mar-10-2009
Re: Certifications
In Reply to Chris Cobb at 15:00 Mar-10-2009 (Opening).

Hi Chris,

You forgot to mention what kind of certification you are holding... But being from the USA, I assume that you are either ACCP or ASNT TC-1A.

If you're TC-1A, that might be a little difficult, since it is a certification that is administered by the employer. As well, the training is often provided by the employer. So when you leave your job, you also kiss your certs goodby. In this cenario, another employer maybe reluctant to hire since your training isn't recognise by a governing body.

The other cenario is that you are ACCP certified. In this situation, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to find work worldwide. Many countries do recognises ASNT certification. Also, it depends very much on who you will be working for. I mean, if the potential employer is doing work for a US project, they may favor someone with ACCP since it would provide some sort of comfort to their client.

So in a nutshell, this is my undestanding of your situation. Someone else (preferably from the USA) may be able to provide you with a more accurate answer.

Cheerio's

bob sudharmin
Engineering, Reliability and Integrity Eng
Shell Malaysia Trading, Malaysia, Joined Jan 2008, 54

bob sudharmin

Engineering, Reliability and Integrity Eng
Shell Malaysia Trading,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2008
01:51 Mar-11-2009

The API certifications are quite popular in the South East Asian region.

Navita Gupta
Navita Gupta
07:36 Mar-12-2009

Your current certifications may not be valid, depending upon the type of certification.However, with an additional refresher/ add on training of a day or two, you can take an exam in the technique and get recertified. This is true for most of the NDT certifications. Regards

Product Spotlight

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window