where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Rick Cahill
Engineering,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Dec 2008, 40

Rick Cahill

Engineering,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Dec 2008
15:07 Mar-10-2009
Test Block Material

I need steel to make reference standards. The steel grade needs to be S355JO as specified in EN 10025-2. Does anyone know of a supplier (preferably a European source) for this raw material?

Justin
Engineering, Chief Engineer
Doppler Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd, China, Joined Sep 2009, 4

Justin

Engineering, Chief Engineer
Doppler Electronic Technologies Co., Ltd,
China,
Joined Sep 2009
15:47 Aug-28-2009
Re: Test Block Material
In Reply to Rick Cahill at 15:07 Mar-10-2009 (Opening).

Hi rick, i have spent a lot of time to find this material for making block, which comliance to EN12668-2 last year. finally, I find a equivalency material, and the test result of block is good. It's less attenuiation when the frequency high as 5MHz. But i have forget thei type of this material, may be you could ask the steel vendor for a equivalency material.

Christoph Schnitger
Christoph Schnitger
19:50 Aug-28-2009
Re: Test Block Material
In Reply to Rick Cahill at 15:07 Mar-10-2009 (Opening).

Hello Rick,

S 355JO means : Steel ; 355 N/mm2 yield strength, charpy impact test 0° celsius

This steel is really common in Germany ( or let me say european region ), but please have
sometimes you find S355J0G2 ( old version of 10025-2 ). " G2 " says something about in which way the rare steel is normalized !

If you need some blocs, please drop me a line !

Product Spotlight

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s