where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
About NDT.net
ezio
Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
15:09 Mar-16-2009
forum evolution

I suggest to Rolf two new filters:
1. language, to permit local discussion
2. reply, to avoid not interesting posts, when the question is not interesting

Rolf
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
22:52 Mar-16-2009
Re: forum evolution
In Reply to ezio at 15:09 Mar-16-2009 (Opening).

First of all, thank you Eizo for such questions about the forum. This released a new Forum Board "About NDT.net" which shall be good for Questions, suggestions about all NDT.net areas. I hope that more people using this new board for getting help or give us ideas how to improve the web site.

to "I suggest to Rolf two new filters:
1. language, to permit local discussion"

The forum is already open for all languages. Since this was so far rarely used I do not think that a new filter is necessary. Another problem is, how should I be able to control spam in multi languages? As my mother tong is German I am just happy to speak poor English.

I guess by local discussion you mean e.g. talk about NDT in Italy? Also here I suggest just to do it in the general discussion board without need for additional boards. Of course if interest will increase we can open a new board. But you must be the moderator for an Italian board! I am ready to control a German board.

to "2. reply, to avoid not interesting posts, when the question is not interesting"

I am doing this already every day. Just today I deleted a non NDT message "....material which i can use instead of the above compositions in indian standards?" Also I delete from time to time replies saying just "Thank you" or I let similar messages just on the board without forwarding these to the mailing list. But should I go further with my censorship ? I think not.

Rolf

ezio

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
22:16 Apr-07-2009
In Reply to Rolf at 22:52 Mar-16-2009 .

Anwer 1 is ok, Question 2 is not to make censure, only to filtering on my PC the posts that are not interesting for me. For example an option "receive reply posts only on request"

Rolf
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
14:38 Apr-14-2009
In Reply to ezio at 22:16 Apr-07-2009 .

Hi Ezio,

Your suggested option seems to be an excellent idea.
I understand this option like this:
A member subscribe to receive topics by email of a forum board, e.g., technical discussions.
A new topic rise but it is not interested for this user (e.g., UT man not interested in discussion about RT).
The user can click a link in the message "do NOT send me emails of replies of this topic".

Is that what you want? Then we will add this option to the ToDo list.

Rolf

ezio

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
15:18 Apr-14-2009
In Reply to Rolf at 14:38 Apr-14-2009 .

It is not exactly was I mean, bat your solution seems me optimal, Thank you.

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window