where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ACS-Solutions GmbH
The priority of the company is to design and create highly technological equipment, for professional users. Aiming to reach the devices top techn ...
Technical Discussions
Joerg Neubert
Joerg Neubert
16:30 Mar-19-2009
UT for disbonding

Hello,
we have the task to test for disbonding of SS 1.4550 using SAS4IG (nearly similar material) as weld metal. The thickness of weld metal is appr. 3 mm. Testing should be performed using SDH as reflectors. the test block has a diameter of 273 mm (not ready yet). The test object is ready next Monday.
I prepared a MSEB4, E series, to be adapted at the curvature of 273 mm.
But now I am not sure if it is the right probe. Should`nt I use higher frequencies?
For any hints or advices I thank You in advance
Joerg

Luis Ganhao
Engineering,
USA, Joined Sep 2008, 25

Luis Ganhao

Engineering,
USA,
Joined Sep 2008
16:51 Mar-19-2009
Re: UT for disbonding
In Reply to Joerg Neubert at 16:30 Mar-19-2009 (Opening).

The best probes for disbonding detection are the benchjmark and between 10-15 MHz because you you need haigh resolution for diferentiate the metal base and the SS interface

Theo Micottis
Theo Micottis
10:04 Jul-14-2009
Re: UT for disbonding
In Reply to Luis Ganhao at 16:51 Mar-19-2009 .

Hello,
I have to verify disbonding using ASME IV Technique two.The customer haven't gave me the standard of acceptance yet.Which could be an acceptance standard for ASME?
Thank you in advance
THEO

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window