where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Frequency of IR camera
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

02:24 Mar-20-2009

zakie

R & D,
Malaysian Nuclear Agency,
Malaysia,
Joined Nov 2007
Frequency of IR camera

Dear all,
Kindly assist me on this matter,
In Flir Thermacam SC2000's specification, it mention about "detector refresh rate = 60Hz".. what does this statement mean actually?

01:50 Mar-21-2009

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: Frequency of IR camera In Reply to zakie at 02:24 Mar-20-2009 (Opening).

Dear Zakie,

I would guess that what you are referring to corresponds with the line frequency of the AC supply in US (The instrument may be from USA).

Swamy

20:29 Mar-21-2009

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000

You don't state where in the manual this is stated but since these cameras use a mechanical cooling device its most likely to do with the cooling control refesh rate. Too slow and you may miss small fast changes in temperatures or be inaccurate. If unsure ask FLIR they will clarify for you.

11:21 May-11-2009
Martin Wenani

Hi Zakie,
This refers to the rate at which Infrared camera scans/refreshes on capturing the image.
For 1st moving items, we prefer 60Hz, slow moving items we go as low as 9Hz. But we also do have the 25 & 30Hz cameras.

John O'Brien was right, I was only clarify what he said
Hope this helps. Further clarification please contact me on my email: wenama2001@yahoo.com. Flir Kenya

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|