where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
QA Visual inspection for welds
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

17:16 Mar-27-2009
Jimmy
QA Visual inspection for welds

I need to send two QA through a visual inspection training for inspecting welds. We are located in Panama City Beach Florida. Any suggestions on anybdoy close by we could use for that training?

03:47 Mar-29-2009

RDuwe

NDT Inspector, API-510, 570, 653
MISTRAS,
USA,
Joined Jan 2009
Re: QA Visual inspection for welds In Reply to Jimmy at 17:16 Mar-27-2009 (Opening).

Not close, nor cheap. Hobart's CWI 2-week class, Troy OH.
The only short course I can recommend is Hellier's 3-day VT class. Problem is, it does not focus just on welds, its a full VT class. If all you want your QA guys to be able to do is accept/reject to clearly defined criteria [like AWS D1.1 or ASME VIII] Hellier will do. If you want knowledgeable welding inspectors with a broad base of welding and weld NDE expertise, it takes Hobart.

Sorry, but in my opinion, the AWS 1-week seminar that travels along with the CWI exams is not a good choice. Not a full Visual Examination course, just welds. Not as in-depth and easy to digest as Hobart.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|