where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
sadfqwert
sadfqwert
18:33 Mar-28-2009
NDT vs CSWIP 3.1

Hello EveryOne!
I have to know that which one is most important field i.e NDT or CSWIP 3.1.and what does experts say about this comparizon.which one is better for making money.NDT vs CSWIP 3.1 ,whose scope is greater???

Leo
NDT Inspector,
Norway, Joined May 2008, 104

Leo

NDT Inspector,
Norway,
Joined May 2008
12:41 Mar-30-2009
Re: NDT vs CSWIP 3.1
In Reply to sadfqwert at 18:33 Mar-28-2009 (Opening).

I had pretty much the same question.
I believe, if i'm certified VT&RT 2 level i have higher qualification than cswip 3.2, am i wrong?
What's employers reason to ask for cswip 3.2 certified person rather than NDT 2 level tech?
Thanks in advance for explanation.
LK

S.N.BHAKAT
NDT Inspector, INSPECTION CO-ORDINATOR
JGEC, India, Joined Jul 2008, 3

S.N.BHAKAT

NDT Inspector, INSPECTION CO-ORDINATOR
JGEC,
India,
Joined Jul 2008
07:09 Mar-31-2009
In Reply to Leo at 12:41 Mar-30-2009 .

It is a system requirment.Please do not compair NDT vs CSWIP 3.1.

ASPO
ASPO
08:51 Mar-31-2009
In Reply to S.N.BHAKAT at 07:09 Mar-31-2009 .

I think that it's different between NDT and CSWIP 3.1
NDT used for testing of material (non destructive)
but CSWIP 3.1 is a person who qualified of welding inspection after he/she pass of exam course level 2.

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window