where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH
YXLON International - innovative High-Tech-Company with long traditionYXLON International develops, manufactures and markets digital radios ...
Technical Discussions
Abbas Bombaywala
NDT Inspector
Free Lance, India, Joined Jul 2007, 92

Abbas Bombaywala

NDT Inspector
Free Lance,
India,
Joined Jul 2007
07:00 Mar-29-2009
Difficulties on inspection 'D' Category Nozzle Joints by ToFD

Dear All,

I have been doing ToFD since last 2 years and mainly i have been inspecting the pressure vessels, reactors, etc. well my one problem is in inspecting 'd' categories of the self reinforced nozzles well in this types of nozzles we have very small space on the inner side of the weld so we have to do offset scanning with different angles, well now the problem is when we are scanning this nozzles both the probes are having different length of arc movement and because of that there are allongations of the indications for example if the deffect is of actual size of 3 mm and it will show up as around 4 to 5 mm well i have tried too many things but i couldnt get the answer of my solutions please if somebody can help me in this matter

Product Spotlight

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window