where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.
Career Discussions
john
john
18:54 Mar-29-2009
ndt course advice please

hi guys could you please give me advice on the appropriate (mpi,dpi and ultrasonic) courses to take,i am currently working as a coded welder again after a good few years away from the trade and i have always been keen to get into ndt and/or welding inspection, i am 41yrs old.e.i.t.b apprentice trained with my city and guilds parts2&3,i would like advice on the course length and costs and what ones will give me the best qualifications.my current employer would be very keen to use my new skills so i would not have to look for new employment, any advice would be greatly received.p.s i live and work in the south east.

Phil
NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
21:41 Mar-29-2009
Re: ndt course advice please
In Reply to john at 18:54 Mar-29-2009 (Opening).

John,
As for courses for UT, MT and PT first you have to decide which qualification you want to take. So if you are happy to stay with your current employer which is best for him PCN or ASNT, you also have many places to take the exam. As I have stated before on the forum I prefer to go to Lavender International in Penniston Sheffield. Phone no. 01226 765769 or email nicola@lavender-ndt.com for more information. They have good tutors, and try there best to make you comfortable. Hope this helps best of luck.

Phil
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
10:28 Mar-30-2009
Re: ndt course advice please
In Reply to john at 18:54 Mar-29-2009 (Opening).

John,
Forgot to add that first you will only be able to qualify as level 1 as you have to gain experience first then take your level 2 after you have gained the required number of hours experience. But as you say your current employer could help there, and so you would be able to gain the experience needed to take your level 2. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Phil

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window