where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
ndt course advice please
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

18:54 Mar-29-2009
john
ndt course advice please

hi guys could you please give me advice on the appropriate (mpi,dpi and ultrasonic) courses to take,i am currently working as a coded welder again after a good few years away from the trade and i have always been keen to get into ndt and/or welding inspection, i am 41yrs old.e.i.t.b apprentice trained with my city and guilds parts2&3,i would like advice on the course length and costs and what ones will give me the best qualifications.my current employer would be very keen to use my new skills so i would not have to look for new employment, any advice would be greatly received.p.s i live and work in the south east.

21:41 Mar-29-2009

Phil

NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
Re: ndt course advice please In Reply to john at 18:54 Mar-29-2009 (Opening).

John,
As for courses for UT, MT and PT first you have to decide which qualification you want to take. So if you are happy to stay with your current employer which is best for him PCN or ASNT, you also have many places to take the exam. As I have stated before on the forum I prefer to go to Lavender International in Penniston Sheffield. Phone no. 01226 765769 or email nicola@lavender-ndt.com for more information. They have good tutors, and try there best to make you comfortable. Hope this helps best of luck.

10:28 Mar-30-2009

Phil

NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
Re: ndt course advice please In Reply to john at 18:54 Mar-29-2009 (Opening).

John,
Forgot to add that first you will only be able to qualify as level 1 as you have to gain experience first then take your level 2 after you have gained the required number of hours experience. But as you say your current employer could help there, and so you would be able to gain the experience needed to take your level 2. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Phil

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|