where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT on Agri Products
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:53 Apr-13-2009
Simon
NDT on Agri Products

Hi All,

I am looking for various NDT methods - suggestions and recommendations to check / test Agri Products including and specifically for Vegetables and Friuts for sorting or ripening process.

Thanks in advance

Simon Amallraja

19:32 Apr-13-2009

ezio

Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: NDT on Agri Products In Reply to Simon at 08:53 Apr-13-2009 (Opening).

There are in Italy an important institute in the area wine and apples, perhaps they have any ideas: http://www.ismaa.it/

10:10 Apr-14-2009

Liviu Singher

R & D,
Technion,
Israel,
Joined Nov 1998

There are many methods that were used to inspect fruit quality. You can look at spectroscopy as well as acoustics. Do you look for a more specific application?

14:50 Apr-14-2009

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001

There are x-ray based equipment for high speed sorting of fruits and vegetables (my colleagues in BARC were developing one for checking out mangoes meant for export to USA). Spectrometric sorting (based on light, color) coupled with high speed image analysis can also do the job if the fruits are naturally ripened. Probably system integraters may be able to put together different off the shelf systems to achieve a specific output.

Would be happy to be associated with any such development work!

19:13 Apr-14-2009
Simon
Re: NDT on Agri Products In Reply to Liviu Singher at 10:10 Apr-14-2009 .

More specifically for storing the Vegetables and Fruits in Cold Storage facilities after harvest, before export and or local distribution.

This should help the buyer - including the consumer to buy good quality products from any store acroos India or anywhere.

If you have done similar projects, I would like to understand the technique and possibly market to system to some of our hot potential customer

S.V.Swamy: I would like to get in touch with your collegue in BARC. Kindly give me the contact details.

Regards

D.Simon Amallraja

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|