where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

DASEL SISTEMAS
Our Phased Array equipments, based on SITAU Technology, are among the PAS highest performance in the market.

Technical Discussions
Mark
Mark
23:09 Apr-15-2009
UT Question

A question for you UT guys,
We could be reducing a 6m length of s355 250/150?12.5 *6 to 240/150/12.5 (I don't know why they want to do this as we can get this in) How long would it take to UT a section of this?

It will be a single V on both sides.

I'm just looking for an approximate sort of time (give or take what ever probs/set
backs or hassle free) not pin point.

Roger Duwe
NDT Inspector, API-510, 570, 653
MISTRAS, USA, Joined Jan 2009, 148

Roger Duwe

NDT Inspector, API-510, 570, 653
MISTRAS,
USA,
Joined Jan 2009
03:27 Apr-16-2009
Re: UT Question
My general rule-of-thumb is 1-2 ft/minute, so about 1/2 meter/minute. The 'gotcha!' is that indications take 5-15 minutes each. Thus the time is in the defects found, not the scanning time. I have found enough 'stuff' in 12 meters of weld to keep me busy all day.

If a full formal report of each defect is not required, only marking of the defects and depths, such that the welder can perform repairs, plan on 2-5 minutes per defect.

Mark
Mark
05:57 Apr-16-2009
Re: UT Question
In Reply to Roger Duwe at 03:27 Apr-16-2009 .

Hi Roger,

I was thinking all day but just wanted to make sure so i'll say 8/10 hrs but could poss be longer all depends on the weld.

Mark

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s