where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Leo
NDT Inspector,
Norway, Joined May 2008, 104

Leo

NDT Inspector,
Norway,
Joined May 2008
10:31 Apr-17-2009
gamma radiography

Dear Sirs.
I need some help in gamma radiography.
I'm experienced in X-ray radiography, but don't have any experience of use of Ir or Se sources. I've heard there are some help-cribs from film manufactures to make easyer exposure calculations. Can anyone help me somehow in this matter.

Thanks in advance
LK

Phil
NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 151

Phil

NDT Inspector, Radiation Safety
BINDT, MIAQP,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
12:11 Apr-17-2009
Re: gamma radiography
In Reply to Leo at 10:31 Apr-17-2009 (Opening).

Hi Leo,
I typed into yahoo search scrata calculator and came up with a list where you can get them ok.
I am sure google will have the same. SCRATA stands for Steel Casting and Trade Association, ok But a lot of Radiographers have a calculator from Agfa as well, Hope this will help you

regards,
Phil

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window