where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Career Discussions
Kusnadie
Kusnadie
12:28 Apr-18-2009
Circular magnetization

Dear all,

Can you advise me, how to produce circular magnetic field on test piece which as no acces to
pass through the shooting rod

Test piece that will inspect is threaded guide shoe and float collar.

My facility that available to produce circular magnetic field are shooting rod with CDS and AC Yoke

Regards,

Kusnadie

Bruce McPherson
Consultant
MFL Services, United Kingdom, Joined Mar 2009, 26

Bruce McPherson

Consultant
MFL Services,
United Kingdom,
Joined Mar 2009
13:03 Apr-18-2009
Re: Circular magnetization
In Reply to Kusnadie at 12:28 Apr-18-2009 (Opening).

Kusnadie,
You could try the adjacent conductor method. Place the shooting rod on top of the pipe (make sure it's electrically insulated from the pipe) and then shoot it. Use a Burmah Castrol strip or equivalent to see if there is enough residual circular field to do the inspection. if not shoot the rod again (and again if necessary) until you get enough residual field. Also check how far around the circumference of the pipe the magnetic field is strong enough to do the inspection. This will tell you how many places around the circumference you have to shoot the rod to inspect the full circumference of the pipe.
If you can't get a strong enough magnetic field using this method, then I'm afraid it will have to be the AC yoke

Best Regards

Bruce

Kusnadie
Kusnadie
14:04 Apr-18-2009
Re: Circular magnetization
In Reply to Bruce McPherson at 13:03 Apr-18-2009 .

Bruce,

Thank you for reply, I will try ASAP

Product Spotlight

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window