where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Tank inspection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.

03:19 Jun-14-2001

Kosmos Qwantum corp

NDT Inspector
Russia,
Joined Jun 2001
Tank inspection

I would like to get information on equipment for tank inspection of the latest modification(I am interested in inspection of bottom and walls

Best regards Chairman of the Technical Committee
A.Petrov
WWW.UZK.RU

07:58 Jun-14-2001

Art Leach

Sales
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Apr 2001
Re: Tank inspection : I would like to get information on equipment for tank inspection of the latest modification(I am interested in inspection of bottom and walls
: Best regards Chairman of the Technical Committee
: A.Petrov
: WWW.UZK.RU
If you plan to perfrom Ultrasonic inspections, I suggest you look at the Krautkramer line of Digital Thickness Gauges and in particular the DMS 2 with TopCOAT technology for reading through costings. Krautkramer also offers software for the data recording instruments which allows you to document the results of thickness surveys in the field, transfer data to the computer and print reports.

Contact you local Krautkramer sales representative for additional details....They can be located from the web site directory.

Art.

08:29 Jun-14-2001

Meindert Anderson

Director
Olympus,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
Re: Tank inspection You may also check out Panametrics' line of high-end thickness gages for corrosion applications. The 36DL PLUS (with A-Scan) has lots of practical features including Echo-to-Echo, B-Scan with waveform recall, and simultaneous viewing of both live A-Scan and B-Scan. More information, including representation in Russia, is available on the company's website.

Meindert Anderson

: : I would like to get information on equipment for tank inspection of the latest modification(I am interested in inspection of bottom and walls
: .
: : Best regards Chairman of the Technical Committee
: : A.Petrov
: : WWW.UZK.RU
: .
: If you plan to perfrom Ultrasonic inspections, I suggest you look at the Krautkramer line of Digital Thickness Gauges and in particular the DMS 2 with TopCOAT technology for reading through costings. Krautkramer also offers software for the data recording instruments which allows you to document the results of thickness surveys in the field, transfer data to the computer and print reports.
: Contact you local Krautkramer sales representative for additional details....They can be located from the web site directory.
: Art.

02:05 Jun-14-2001

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Tank inspection You are asking a very large question which you need to split up into out of service and on-stream inspection.

You also need to differentiate between standard uninsulated atmospheric tanks, insulated low pressure tanks and non metallic tanks.

Carbon Steel Atmospheric Tanks make up the bulk of the industry and fall under codes such as API 650/653 and EEMUA 159.

In service you can get at shells and roofs to perform UT thickness surveys with a wide range of ultrasonic devices. To avoid scaffolding there is an array of UT and MFL shell crawlers to determine remaining wall.

To determine corrosion activity of tank floors in service you can use Acoustic Emission or In Service Tank Robots. Robots have some limitations and can be expensive.

Once you take a tank out of service you should be looking at some form of overall floor scanning such as MFL or SLOFEC. Statistical coupon cutting or spot ultrasonics is an ineffective method and poses substantial risks of missing problem areas.

This is just a flavour of what needs to be considered

05:10 Jun-17-2001
Christoph Schnitger
Re: Tank inspection You can use the ultrasonic thickness gauge T-Scope III
from Stresstel in addition to the MFL Inspektion in case,
p.ex. you use the MFL Scanner from the company 3P Services
in Lingen.

You find there profile under : http://www.3p-services.com
if you look for new or used ultrasonic equipemnt, such
as T_Scope III from Stresstel ( new equipment ) or such
as Panametrics 26 DL Plus ( used equipment ) please contact
me directly under : schnitger@eure.de

Thanks
C.Schnitger

07:01 Jun-19-2001
MFE Enterprises, Inc.
Re: Tank inspection MFE Enterprises, Inc. designs, manufactures and sell magnetic flux leakage equipment for the inspection of tank floors. This equipment is adapted to inspect shells in some instances. Please visit our web site at www.mfescan.com to obtain information concerning our products and our company. We will be happy to address any questions you may have via email.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|