where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
probes hall effect and toroidal
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.

19:18 May-18-2009

aldo

Engineering
Italy,
Joined Jan 2009
probes hall effect and toroidal

hi everybody...
I have two question above probes hall effect and toroidal magetization..
The questions are:
1)I generally used the tangenzial probe to determinate the magnetic circular field and magnetic longitudinal field on piece during MT ispection... I had a new tesla meter with two probe and i have difficult on correct choose probe because during same ispection i have two different value on field if i use the normal probe or tangential probe. For megnetic circular (such as central conductor,direct current,ecc) i choose the tangential probe and for magnetic longitudinal (such as coil, induced current method,ecc) i choose the normal probe.. Is correct my choose on the use probe?
The second question:
2) Is necessary to have the AC current in toroidal magnetization or i can also use CC current?
I know that questions are difficul but i hope in your help..
Best regard

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|