where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks >
Supervisor / Inspector: Scaffolding, Sand Blasting, Painting, Coating, Lining & Rigging
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Teletest
Teletest Focus+ was the first system to use long-range guided wave ultrasonic testing to detect corrosion in pipelines.

07:52 May-22-2009
SOHAIL AKHTER ALEY
Supervisor / Inspector: Scaffolding, Sand Blasting, Painting, Coating, Lining & Rigging
Job Location: Worldwide

Sohail Akhter Aley
B – 184, Block – 11,
Federal – B – Area, Karachi,
Pakistan.
Ph. No. (Res) : +92 (0) 21 636 9937
Mobile No. : +92 0300 - 2341231
E – Mail : sohail.akhter68@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE:

To serve in a progressive organization, offering job satisfaction
Challenging work environment with vast opportunities for career
development based purely achievements and results.

DATE OF BIRTH: 07th July 1968

NIC No: 42101 – 7046872 – 9

DRIVING LICENCE: 1294137 (Validity: 05th Oct. 2009)

PASSPORT No.: BG1748721 (Validity: 28th Mar. 2013)

MARITIAL STATUS: Married

DEPENDANT: Daughter & Son
(DOB: 16 Aug. 2001 & 11 Aug. 2002 respectively).

QUALIFICATION & CERTIFICATION:

1) Scaffolding (UK)

2) Blasting, Painting / Coating (UK & Abu Dhabi)

3) Rigging / Slinging (UK).
(See detail below)

SUMMARY:

I have been employed by International Power Global Development Ltd. in 1997 April (formerly National Power, UK) at Hub Power Station. I was employed as a Scaffolder / Rigger, and successful completion of Inspectors Training Course; I was promoted to Scaffolding / Rigging Supervisor & Inspector. In year 2003, I attend the Institute of Corrosion (ICorr) in Rotherham, UK, where I successfully completed the Sand Blasting, Painting & Coating Inspector Course (Level 1).

I am fully Computer literate, using Microsoft Office suite of programmes. I am enthusiastic and ensuring effective teamwork and communication with Contractors and Station Personnel to maintain the high level of Health and Safety expected by senior management. I have a good standard of English, both written and spoken, which has given me the opportunity to successfully complete all the trainings and courses I have attended, and to achieve promotion. Willing to under go more training more professionals. Excellent team player with ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills, great initiative to work and completing projects. Strong communication skills and ability to learn and teach others.

Currently working in the same company (International Power GDL) as a Scaffolding / Rigging Supervisor & Inspector AND Blasting, Industrial Coating / Painting Supervisor / Inspector of Corrosion Prevention Department.

PROFFESIONAL TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS (Scaffolding):

 Certified Scaffolder, attend the course and training, Basic Course 1, BS 5973 & Advance Course 2, BS 5973 & inclusive Suspended Scaffolding BS 5974 as per the CITB Scaffolding courses and training program, AB Consultant, Suhali, UK.

 Certified Scaffolding Inspector, attend the course and training, based upon the BS 5973 inclusive Suspended Scaffolding BS 5974 and other relevant British Standard and current British Legislation, as per the CITB Scaffolding Safety Inspection course and training program, AB Consultant, Suhali, UK.

 Attend the course and training of Aluminium System and Climalloy Scaffolding, P.A.S.M.A Code of Practice, BS 1139 Part 3, AB Consultant, Suhali, UK.

 Approved Scaffolding Instructor / Trainer, Interviewer and Assessor.

 Managed, planned and conducted Interviews as an Interviewer for the selection of Technical Services Supervisors, Scaffolder & Riggers at KOT ADDU POWER STATION (KAPCo), KOT ADDU, PUNJAB, PAKISTAN.

 Managed, planned and conducted Basic & Advance Regular / Refresher Courses and Trainings of Scaffolding for the station permanent scaffolders and scaffolding contractors as per the BS Standard 5973 & BS 1139.

 Super rights and super user of MAXIMO 2.5 CMMS. Man hours & material evaluation through the system and ensure Contractor to meet the targets.

 Certified and experience for the using of British Standards in scaffolding and Fall Protection System. But Also Familiar and understand the NASC, Saudi ARAMCO, AS / NZS 4576, EE – Oz Industry Skill Council (Commonwealth of Australia 2006), NCDOL (North Carolina Department of Labour) & OCA (Offshore contractors Association).

PROFFESIONAL TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS (Sand Blasting, Coating & Painting):

 Certified Coating & Painting Inspector attends the course & exam of Painting / Coating Inspector Level 1, Institute of Corrosion (ICorr), Rotherham, UK, May 2003.

 Certified Coating & Painting Inspector attends the course & exam NACE CIP, Level 1, Institute of Petroleum (ADNOC), Abu Dhabi, Jan. 2009

 Certification of Coating & Surface Preparation, attend the course and training, 2003, SGS, Karachi, Pakistan.

 Attend and participate in the workshop of NACE Pakistan, 2006.

o Attend the course of Corrosion Engineering from Skill Development Council, Ministry of Overseas Employment, Govt. of Pakistan, Karachi, Pakistan, 2007.

o Attend the course of Protective Coating from Skill Development Council, Ministry of Overseas Employment, Govt. of Pakistan, Karachi, Pakistan, 2007.

o Certified and experience for the using of BS, ISO, SSPC & NACE Standards. But also Familiar and understand the ASTM, BGas, BP, AS (Australian), NIST, NORSOK (Norwegian Petroleum Industry) & ADMA – OPCO Standards.

PROFFESIONAL TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS (Rigging / Slinging):

 Certified Rigger, attend the course and training, Basic Course 1 & Advance Course 2, National Power Training Centre.

 Certified Rigging Inspector, attend the course & training base upon the British Standards, National Power Training Centre.

 Attend the course and training of Estimation of Weights and Centre of Gravity of the Weights, National Power Training Centre.

 All courses / trainings are designed and projected as per the British Standards, Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Lifting equipment (COPSULE), Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA), Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER), etc.

Role & Responsibilities:
Technical, Management & Administration:

I am fully authorized and having 12 years extensive experience in Project as a Site Incharge to Plan, Schedule, Execute & Control and Close the Projects. Projects include all activities and jobs of Mechanical type, Scaffoldings, Rigging / Slinging & Sand blasting / Painting / Application of Industrial, High Performance Coating and Lining at Boiler Steel Structures, Vessels, Tank (Internal and External), Circulating Sea Water Culverts Lining, 500 KV Line Supporting Gantry Towers etc.

Plan, Schedule, Execute and Control all the Project as per H&S Policy, EMS and QMS, Company Policies, Procedures and International Standards.

Supervise and Manage the Site working team (60 persons) & different Contractors on the Projects.

Assist Divisional Manager & Project Engineer of Corrosion Prevention in the preparation of yearly Costing of Man power, Blasting & Coating Equipments and spares, Paints and special industrial coatings, Scaffolding and Rigging material & Budget of Corrosion Prevention Projects and other activities.

Managed the Man Power of our section and contractors. Sort out the labour issues in the light of Company’s Policy & Labour Law

Assist DMCP to sort out the contractual issues.

Experience in Corrosion Survey of our Plant with the Foreign Expert (Ph. D in Corrosion Science) from UK. Plan and design the Ten Yearly Project Plan that How to Control and Prevent Rust and Corrosion from our site.

Meetings and Deal with the Scaffolding Cos. (SGB, Tradex, Dutco etc) , Rigging Tools / Gears & Paint Manufacturers (Sigma, Corrocoat, Leigh’s, International, Jotun etc) for the Assessment and Ordering the Material.

I am confident, able and competent to do work independently, no shoulder required, I like problems and challenges and love to sort them out. I believe Good Communication is the another main factor to achieve targets successfully.

I am willing, able & confident to work in problem areas, harsh climates with difficult peoples.

I am hard working, energetic, ability to work independently, I am sincere and honest with my job & profession, respect my seniors and positively motivate my juniors, Safety for me and others is always my First Priority, Good Team Work and Planning is the key of every success. I am not crawling like a snake; always walk on a straight line.

Delegated Authority of Project Engineer of Corrosion Prevention.

I ensure that all-appropriate clause of the specification and manufacturers’ recommendations are complied with and that any deficiencies are immediately brought to the notice.

Maintain records of work done and supply progress report.

Provide records of the work for maintenance purposes.

OTHER TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS:

 Certified Internal Auditor (LRQA). Attend the course & training of Auditors EMS conducted by Lloyds International. Techniques of internal auditing of EMS, how to conduct and what are the factors to raised NCR’s, how to prepare Audit Reports etc. EMS and QA QC Awareness.

 Project Management and MS Project Training conducted by International Office Products (IOP).

 Project Management training from New Horizon Institute Karachi, Pakistan Chapter (Recognized & Registered PMP Institute from PMI, USA). Completed 35 PDU’s and now eligible to appear in PMP Exam.

 Attend the course and training of Train The Trainer by Navitus Pvt. Ltd. Techniques that how to conduct different Trainings, factors of good and bad Trainers, Type and Psychology of Trainer, how to deal and trained the difficult people etc.

 Passport to Safety by SGS, Pakistan.

 Take 5 Training, the basic concept of that training is Safety: Before start any job, assess the risk, what are the safety measures and how, when and where to apply. That Safety Programme already works in Hazelwood power Station, Australia.

 Risk Assessment Training. Assess risk and hazards before start any old or new job/ activity and how to implement.

 Synergizing Performance & Interpersonal Leadership.

 Fire & COSHH awareness. Types of Fire and how to fight, Types of Fire Extinguishers and how to work.

 PPE (Personal Protective Equipments). What are PPE’s, types of PPE’s how, when, and where will be used. Proper PPE for the job, Inspection of PPE’s.

 Ladder Safety and Inspection.

 Health, Safety & Environment, Near Miss Reporting, Incident and Accident Reporting.

 Safety Electrical Portable & Transportable Equipments.

 Shore Guardian Boom & Oil Skimmers.

 Operation of Gantry Crane 30 / 15 ton and Overhead Crane 60 / 15 ton. Operation of Telescopic, Articulating Booms, Mobile Elevating Platforms, Lifter 10 Ton.

 Cathodic Protection.

ACHIENVEMENTS:

 Ex – Supervisor of Technical Services Department.

 Member of Emergency Support & Response Team of the Station.

 Health & Safety Forum member for the year of 2006 / 2007 / 2008.

 Ex - coordinator of Emergency Support & Response Team of the Station.

 Presentator of Incident Controller Training Program.

 Team member of Fire Disaster Control Seminar.

 Work Permit Acceptor.

 Assessor and Acceptor of Hot Work Permit.

 Authorisation of Gate Passes, Visitor Notifications and authorised to use Official Codes of Purchasing.

HOBBIES & INTEREST:

 Body Surfing, Hiking, Mountaineering, Trekking & Snooker.

 Adventure, searching Nature, Lost Worlds and search / read different Cultures & Religions.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|