where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Debdutta Mallik
Consultant,
Malaysia, Joined Jun 2005, 37

Debdutta Mallik

Consultant,
Malaysia,
Joined Jun 2005
06:02 Jun-18-2009
ASNT Level-III Exam tips

Dear Sir,
I am preparing for ASNT Level - III exam.Can anayone mail me study material and give me some tips.It will be very helpful for me.

Regards,

Debdutta Mallik
debduttamallik@yahoo.co.in

Rolf
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
09:30 Jun-18-2009
Re: ASNT Level-III Exam tips
In Reply to Debdutta Mallik at 06:02 Jun-18-2009 (Opening).

Have a look at this similar topic:
RT level III
http://www.ndt.net/forum/thread.php?admin=&msgID=30958&rootID=30958

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
03:45 Jun-19-2009

Dear Debdutta,

Sai Ram. I can give you some tips and help you with doubts. As for the course material, you will get it from ISNT once you register for the refresher course preparatory to the actual exam.

Best wishes

Ramakanta
Ramakanta
03:47 Jun-24-2009

Debadutta

It all depends upon your background experience and education levels. If you give a little more hint on that I might help you out with a line of preparation. It is surely hard work but it becomes easier if you have practical experience on welding, NDT and some metallurgy applications. You need to have all round knowledge to start with and the focus on specific areas. Getting Level III might not be that difficult - but what you will do with that piece of paper if you do not have requisite lateral knowledge. Industry looks uopn the a level III as a guide, as a troubleshooter, as knowledgeable person - so you have o live up to that image.

Best wishes
Ramakanta

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window