where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
stainless steel tofd inspection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

10:01 Jun-23-2009

rocklee

China,
Joined Jun 2009
stainless steel tofd inspection

hello all teachers:
stainless steel do tofd inspection ok or not? and workpiece material is TP321 which is pressure pipe, I do some experiments, two probes at weld one side, inspection HAZ and material , tofd image is good ,but two probes across weld(one is left of weld ,one is right),tofd image is not good , probe frequency is 1.6MHz and crystal size is 6mm, so I want to solve this problem,thanks

15:26 Jun-23-2009
Honda_Jazz
Re: stainless steel tofd inspection In Reply to rocklee at 10:01 Jun-23-2009 (Opening).

What i know la, TOFD cant do on SS material bcoz this material have coarse grain structure and TOFD very2 high sensitivity and effect to the TOFD image.How can we interpret that image if Blur n dark..

15:56 Jun-23-2009

luis ganhao

Engineering,
USA,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: stainless steel tofd inspection In Reply to rocklee at 10:01 Jun-23-2009 (Opening).

TOFD is one of the best techniques for weld inspection include SS now regards your email the frquency used is very low you have increment it of course this depends the thickness under examination and the size of your transduceres is Ok. Try with 5-10 MHz

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|