where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
adam
adam
13:21 Jun-27-2009
Liquid penetrant pcn lvl 2 examination help

My name is Adam im 22 from the north east of england, i have been studying liquid penetrant for my pcn lvl 2 examination which is in 1 month at lavender int in the uk.

I have practicle experience in this method of ndt but i was woundering if anyone had any advice on key points or sections i should be focusing on for my upcoming examination, hopefully someone who completed there course at lavender but everyone is welcome and any advice would be appreciated.

thanks, Adam

Kamran
Kamran
09:55 Jun-28-2009
Re: Liquid penetrant pcn lvl 2 examination help
In Reply to adam at 13:21 Jun-27-2009 (Opening).

hi
DPT is based to detect Open to surface defects, u must get a comprehensive knowledge of different Materials, process and their defects, ur question paper is 40% consist on materiallgy. then basic concept of DPT, types, application and at last u MUST understand the language of question paper thats really important, ur paper is ur check" how much u get concepts from ur practicle"

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window