where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Dhanasekaran.N
Dhanasekaran.N
09:24 Jun-28-2009
Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses

I am new to this field, looking for ASNT level I & II courses in MT, PT, UT, and RT.
At present I am in Dubai, here I found some institutes but the course fee is very costly.

In my search, I found an ASNT Level III certified person who is telling that he can conduct the courses for me at his own premises at affordable fees. I met him; at his home he has all instruments except RT)

My question is;
1. Is it advisable to take the courses with him?
2. If I obtain a certification with him is it a valid international certification?
3. Is there any difference between doing the courses in the institute or with level III certified person?

Any comments from NDT experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dhanasekaran.N.
Dubai.

Kamran
Kamran
10:01 Jun-28-2009
Re: Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses
In Reply to Dhanasekaran.N at 09:24 Jun-28-2009 (Opening).

it depends upon ur market behavior
if ur market accepts SNT-TC-1A certification with minimum training hours then ok, (Cheap)
and if ur market requires a STANDARD i. e. ASNT CP 189 then u can adopt it, that is expensive but a STANDARD

Dhanasekaran.N
Dhanasekaran.N
08:45 Jun-30-2009
Re: Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses
In Reply to Kamran at 10:01 Jun-28-2009 .

Thank you Mr. Kamran for your reply through the forum. And also I will be thankful to everyone who personally mailed me.

1. Could anyone please tell me a most applicable NDT method to get initial employment in the gulf sector? So that I can prioritize it and do the courses accordingly.
2. And also it would be helpful if anyone figure out the approx. salary range for NDT technicians in the gulf sector.

My employer is not sponsoring me for the courses, I am planning to do it with my own expense and to change my career to NDT. I am 28 year old, have 10 years experience in continuous process industries, at present working in Aluminium smelter in Dubai.

Thanks well in advance for your reply.

Product Spotlight

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window