where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Dhanasekaran.N
Dhanasekaran.N
09:24 Jun-28-2009
Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses

I am new to this field, looking for ASNT level I & II courses in MT, PT, UT, and RT.
At present I am in Dubai, here I found some institutes but the course fee is very costly.

In my search, I found an ASNT Level III certified person who is telling that he can conduct the courses for me at his own premises at affordable fees. I met him; at his home he has all instruments except RT)

My question is;
1. Is it advisable to take the courses with him?
2. If I obtain a certification with him is it a valid international certification?
3. Is there any difference between doing the courses in the institute or with level III certified person?

Any comments from NDT experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dhanasekaran.N.
Dubai.

Kamran
Kamran
10:01 Jun-28-2009
Re: Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses
In Reply to Dhanasekaran.N at 09:24 Jun-28-2009 (Opening).

it depends upon ur market behavior
if ur market accepts SNT-TC-1A certification with minimum training hours then ok, (Cheap)
and if ur market requires a STANDARD i. e. ASNT CP 189 then u can adopt it, that is expensive but a STANDARD

Dhanasekaran.N
Dhanasekaran.N
08:45 Jun-30-2009
Re: Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses
In Reply to Kamran at 10:01 Jun-28-2009 .

Thank you Mr. Kamran for your reply through the forum. And also I will be thankful to everyone who personally mailed me.

1. Could anyone please tell me a most applicable NDT method to get initial employment in the gulf sector? So that I can prioritize it and do the courses accordingly.
2. And also it would be helpful if anyone figure out the approx. salary range for NDT technicians in the gulf sector.

My employer is not sponsoring me for the courses, I am planning to do it with my own expense and to change my career to NDT. I am 28 year old, have 10 years experience in continuous process industries, at present working in Aluminium smelter in Dubai.

Thanks well in advance for your reply.

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window