where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Airstar Inc.
Application of the newest technologies, such as air-coupled ultrasound, digital instrumentation, signal processing, and transducer technology.

Career Discussions
Dhanasekaran.N
Dhanasekaran.N
09:24 Jun-28-2009
Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses

I am new to this field, looking for ASNT level I & II courses in MT, PT, UT, and RT.
At present I am in Dubai, here I found some institutes but the course fee is very costly.

In my search, I found an ASNT Level III certified person who is telling that he can conduct the courses for me at his own premises at affordable fees. I met him; at his home he has all instruments except RT)

My question is;
1. Is it advisable to take the courses with him?
2. If I obtain a certification with him is it a valid international certification?
3. Is there any difference between doing the courses in the institute or with level III certified person?

Any comments from NDT experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dhanasekaran.N.
Dubai.

Kamran
Kamran
10:01 Jun-28-2009
Re: Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses
In Reply to Dhanasekaran.N at 09:24 Jun-28-2009 (Opening).

it depends upon ur market behavior
if ur market accepts SNT-TC-1A certification with minimum training hours then ok, (Cheap)
and if ur market requires a STANDARD i. e. ASNT CP 189 then u can adopt it, that is expensive but a STANDARD

Dhanasekaran.N
Dhanasekaran.N
08:45 Jun-30-2009
Re: Selection of Institute for NDT Level I & II courses
In Reply to Kamran at 10:01 Jun-28-2009 .

Thank you Mr. Kamran for your reply through the forum. And also I will be thankful to everyone who personally mailed me.

1. Could anyone please tell me a most applicable NDT method to get initial employment in the gulf sector? So that I can prioritize it and do the courses accordingly.
2. And also it would be helpful if anyone figure out the approx. salary range for NDT technicians in the gulf sector.

My employer is not sponsoring me for the courses, I am planning to do it with my own expense and to change my career to NDT. I am 28 year old, have 10 years experience in continuous process industries, at present working in Aluminium smelter in Dubai.

Thanks well in advance for your reply.

Product Spotlight

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

OPBOX with standard software is able to do all types of inspections and measurements: flaw detection in welds and materials, scanning of objects, testing composite materials, forged and moulded pieces, many UT inspections, measurements of properties of ma

Typical applications: UT measurements with pulse technique, Measurement of thicknesses also at hig
h temperatures, Measurements of properties of materials, including fluids and gases We are delivering a standard version of the software (for any Microsoft Windows up to 10 x64 with Microsoft Hardware certification report Approved) and for special needs: SDK with ready to use examples for LabView, MATLAB x64, C++ wrapper for dll, Python and Linux., and also low-level description of how to control our devices directly from any USB tools
>

Echomac® PA Bar Tester

The Echomac® PA BT provides 100% inspection of round bars for core and surface defects, at speeds u
p to 2 m/sec, depending on the specific application. The unit allows producers to handle a much larger range of diameters in one installation, and is available in 3 models to test 10 – 75mm diameter (small model); 20 – 130mm (medium model) or 50 – 254mm (large model) bars.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window