where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

Technical Discussions
Creed
NDT Inspector,
n.n., Joined Jul 2009, 20

Creed

NDT Inspector,
n.n.,
Joined Jul 2009
04:43 Jul-08-2009
UT for bolts

I need UT finding cracks inside the bolts following ASME III NB2580, but in this standard the dia of bolts need to me more than >2". What about the bolts which its diameter <2". How can i check? any one have the procedure about check this caterogy????

Michael Moles †2014 *1948
, Joined ,
14:30 Jul-08-2009
Re: UT for bolts
In Reply to Creed at 04:43 Jul-08-2009 (Opening).

Yes, Eclipse Scientific Products has technqiues for finding cracks in bolts using phased arrays. Contact them at info@eclipsescientific.com. The technique uses a phased array rotating round the bolt in an encoded jig and an OmniScan.

Simon
Simon
19:22 Jul-08-2009
Re: UT for bolts
In Reply to Creed at 04:43 Jul-08-2009 (Opening).

You can check with Dakota Ultrasonics. They have Bolt Meter by UT. www.dakotaultrasonics.com - a Group Company of Sonatest Ltd, UK

Simon

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented
PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest
Eddyfi
4 Showcases 5 Videos Product Video

FMC/TFM
Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging,
Advanced OEM Solutions
3 Showcases

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)
The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is
BALTEAU NDT
5 Showcases 3 Videos

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key
Cygnus Instruments Ltd
5 Showcases 5 Videos Product Video

More Showcases

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window