where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Abbas Bombaywala
NDT Inspector
Free Lance, India, Joined Jul 2007, 91

Abbas Bombaywala

NDT Inspector
Free Lance,
India,
Joined Jul 2007
18:53 Jul-09-2009
Lateral Wave

The Code says that your Lateral Wave should be 40% of your full screen height, and as TOFD is a RF wave so when its 20 % above and below ur center line its actually on 40% full screen height. Can i Scan with the 20 % FSH, cause all the clients they say that your Lateral Wave should be 40% FSH which is in actual is 80%. I would like to clear this doubt in my mind cause when i am scanning with high frequency probe and if i am adjusting the gain so that my lateral wave goes to 40% then i am having to much noise from the grain structure because of the high sensitivity. please provide me ur thoughts on this.

Regards

Bill Blanshan
Bill Blanshan
05:03 Jul-15-2009
Re: Lateral Wave
In Reply to Abbas Bombaywala at 18:53 Jul-09-2009 (Opening).

Your statement is incorrect. A 40% lateral wave in RF mode is the same as in rectified. Remember, when you rectify an RF signal, you take the negitive plotted waveform and add it to the positive potted waveform......so in RF mode what you can do is measure the amplitude of each of your negitive and positive cycles and note the side which is higher in amplitude, then adjust your gain to where this signal is reading 40%FSH. Example: Say your positive cycle of your lateral wave is reading 35%FSH and your negitive cycle is at -25%FSH. All you would need to do is adjust your gain to where your higher amplitude cycle (35%FSH) reads 40%FSH. The same goes if the negitive cycle was higher than the positive cycle; pick the one higher and then adjust your gain to where this signal is at +40FSH or -40%FSH, it is all the same. I hope this helps.

Bill

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s