where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
ASME Code Case 2235
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

19:51 Jul-10-2009
R.Nabeel
ASME Code Case 2235

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody knows whether to include essential varibales in the UT report (Code case 2235 work). I have been getting different answers from different prople. I will appreciate if anybody can clarify this. Also please mention if it is written in the code or just an industry common practice.
Thanks.

21:21 Jul-10-2009

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: ASME Code Case 2235 In Reply to R.Nabeel at 19:51 Jul-10-2009 (Opening).

Mr.Nabeel, Code Cases are a specific method used in ASME to provide clarification of Code intent or to add urgent rules for materials or construction when not covered by existing Code rules. If you are not working on a project regulated by ASME you should not be using the Code Cases. CC-2235 is now incorporated into one of the referencing Code Sections(Section VIII Div 2) but Section I, VIII Div 1 and XII have still not rolled the details into the body of the Code. Addenda, Interpretations and Code Cases are provided annually to all purchasers of the ASME Code.

If you have been using the Code Case correctly you would know that you MUST be working to an approved Procedure (requirement 'c' of CC-2235) and that procedure is to conform to ASME V- Art. 4. ASME V Art. 4 describe that the essential variables are to be addressed in the Procedure (not the Report), and that same Art 4 (in para. T-492) details the 19 items required in the final report.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|