where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.

Technical Discussions
Fred Perkins
Fred Perkins
09:05 Jun-26-2001
Re: NDT for Composite

Ettemeyer AG provides advanced automatic and manual laser shearography systems for NDI and NDT of composite parts. Information is available at www.ettemeyer.com or from me. Shearography is preferred for many composite part inspection tasks because it is very sensitive, very fast, and requires little or no surface preparation.

Please contact me for any additional information, movies of automatic use, and additional technical information.

: : I would like to know the best laboratory NDT methods to inspect composite(PMC).
: .
: : Thank you.
:
: I have been inspection composite materials for about 11 years, at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. I typically use 5Mhz, 0.0250"dia probes, in a Type I immersion bath.
: Generally, I inspect the composite panels in a thru-transmission mode, looking for the "bulk-attenuation" of the panel. We get a "plan-view" C-Scan image.
: Jeff

Rajesh G
Rajesh G
06:54 Jul-13-2001
NDT for debonds in thermal insulation.
I have been dealing with the thermal leakage fro cryogenic tanks.I am using polyuretahne (PuF) foam as the insulating material. The foam is being sprayed on to the metal surface . So there may be cdhances of debonds between the foam and the metal. are there any methods available to find out these sort of debonds

1. what is the minimum size opf the debonds that can be cheched with shearography?
2. When PuF is used as the insulation , can the debonds be checked with shearography
3. is there any portable machine available for this purpose?

expecting an immediate reply

thanking you

rajesh

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s