where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs

Technical Discussions
Fred Perkins
Fred Perkins
09:05 Jun-26-2001
Re: NDT for Composite

Ettemeyer AG provides advanced automatic and manual laser shearography systems for NDI and NDT of composite parts. Information is available at www.ettemeyer.com or from me. Shearography is preferred for many composite part inspection tasks because it is very sensitive, very fast, and requires little or no surface preparation.

Please contact me for any additional information, movies of automatic use, and additional technical information.

: : I would like to know the best laboratory NDT methods to inspect composite(PMC).
: .
: : Thank you.
:
: I have been inspection composite materials for about 11 years, at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. I typically use 5Mhz, 0.0250"dia probes, in a Type I immersion bath.
: Generally, I inspect the composite panels in a thru-transmission mode, looking for the "bulk-attenuation" of the panel. We get a "plan-view" C-Scan image.
: Jeff

Rajesh G
Rajesh G
06:54 Jul-13-2001
NDT for debonds in thermal insulation.
I have been dealing with the thermal leakage fro cryogenic tanks.I am using polyuretahne (PuF) foam as the insulating material. The foam is being sprayed on to the metal surface . So there may be cdhances of debonds between the foam and the metal. are there any methods available to find out these sort of debonds

1. what is the minimum size opf the debonds that can be cheched with shearography?
2. When PuF is used as the insulation , can the debonds be checked with shearography
3. is there any portable machine available for this purpose?

expecting an immediate reply

thanking you

rajesh

Product Spotlight

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window