where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Fred Perkins
Fred Perkins
09:05 Jun-26-2001
Re: NDT for Composite

Ettemeyer AG provides advanced automatic and manual laser shearography systems for NDI and NDT of composite parts. Information is available at www.ettemeyer.com or from me. Shearography is preferred for many composite part inspection tasks because it is very sensitive, very fast, and requires little or no surface preparation.

Please contact me for any additional information, movies of automatic use, and additional technical information.

: : I would like to know the best laboratory NDT methods to inspect composite(PMC).
: .
: : Thank you.
:
: I have been inspection composite materials for about 11 years, at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. I typically use 5Mhz, 0.0250"dia probes, in a Type I immersion bath.
: Generally, I inspect the composite panels in a thru-transmission mode, looking for the "bulk-attenuation" of the panel. We get a "plan-view" C-Scan image.
: Jeff

Rajesh G
Rajesh G
06:54 Jul-13-2001
NDT for debonds in thermal insulation.
I have been dealing with the thermal leakage fro cryogenic tanks.I am using polyuretahne (PuF) foam as the insulating material. The foam is being sprayed on to the metal surface . So there may be cdhances of debonds between the foam and the metal. are there any methods available to find out these sort of debonds

1. what is the minimum size opf the debonds that can be cheched with shearography?
2. When PuF is used as the insulation , can the debonds be checked with shearography
3. is there any portable machine available for this purpose?

expecting an immediate reply

thanking you

rajesh

Product Spotlight

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window