where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Re: NDT for Composite
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMASONIC SAS
IMASONIC offers custom solutions for single to serial productions of ultrasonic transducers for NDT including phased array.

09:05 Jun-26-2001
Fred Perkins
Re: NDT for Composite

Ettemeyer AG provides advanced automatic and manual laser shearography systems for NDI and NDT of composite parts. Information is available at www.ettemeyer.com or from me. Shearography is preferred for many composite part inspection tasks because it is very sensitive, very fast, and requires little or no surface preparation.

Please contact me for any additional information, movies of automatic use, and additional technical information.

: : I would like to know the best laboratory NDT methods to inspect composite(PMC).
: .
: : Thank you.
:
: I have been inspection composite materials for about 11 years, at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. I typically use 5Mhz, 0.0250"dia probes, in a Type I immersion bath.
: Generally, I inspect the composite panels in a thru-transmission mode, looking for the "bulk-attenuation" of the panel. We get a "plan-view" C-Scan image.
: Jeff

06:54 Jul-13-2001
Rajesh G
NDT for debonds in thermal insulation. I have been dealing with the thermal leakage fro cryogenic tanks.I am using polyuretahne (PuF) foam as the insulating material. The foam is being sprayed on to the metal surface . So there may be cdhances of debonds between the foam and the metal. are there any methods available to find out these sort of debonds

1. what is the minimum size opf the debonds that can be cheched with shearography?
2. When PuF is used as the insulation , can the debonds be checked with shearography
3. is there any portable machine available for this purpose?

expecting an immediate reply

thanking you

rajesh

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|