where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.
Career Discussions
Justin Lehmann
Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate, USA, Joined Sep 2007, 22

Justin Lehmann

Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate,
USA,
Joined Sep 2007
22:53 Jul-20-2009
Infrared Composite Testing Procedure

Hello All!

Does anyone have a procedure for testing composite materials using infrared thermography?

Justin

Alex Easton
Alex Easton
18:43 Jul-21-2009
Re: Infrared Composite Testing Procedure
In Reply to Justin Lehmann at 22:53 Jul-20-2009 (Opening).

What are you looking for, water? You would have to write a procedure for the item, application and specification. If looking for water ingress you require a temperature difference. The easiest way to do it is to cool the item (stay above +5 deg C) and return it to room temperature. The water and composite construction will have different cooling rates. With experimentation you will develop a procedure.

Justin Lehmann
Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate, USA, Joined Sep 2007, 22

Justin Lehmann

Consultant,
Quality Testing Services, Inc, A Premium Inspection and Testing Group Affiliate,
USA,
Joined Sep 2007
18:05 Jul-22-2009
Re: Infrared Composite Testing Procedure
In Reply to Alex Easton at 18:43 Jul-21-2009 .

Thanks Alex for your reply.

Yes I am looking for water. I was looking for someone who might have a template for me to follow, as I was short on time. I have completed my procedure and are no longer in need.
Thanks
Justin

Product Spotlight

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window