where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TWI
TWI is a global leader in technology engineering providing research and consultancy to its members in the field of materials and selection, joining, inspection, NDT and structural integrity management.

About NDT.net
Dent
Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 248

Dent

Consultant, NDE Manager NDELevel III/3
NDT Consultant,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
13:39 Jul-24-2009
NDT Net

Rolf:

Is it my connection?

The new forum seems to be slower than before

Rolf
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
21:47 Jul-24-2009
Re: NDT Net
In Reply to Dent at 13:39 Jul-24-2009 (Opening).

In general the new forum may be a bit slower than the old forum because of more advanced database features. But at the moment the forum is slower than expected while all other NDT.net areas working as fast as usual. We'll investigate why all of a sudden the forum process is slow.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Rolf

Rolf
Director,

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
21:18 Sep-09-2009
In Reply to Dent at 13:39 Jul-24-2009 (Opening).

I am happy to inform you that we could solve the slow response problem of the forum. For those who did not noticed another advancement: Now you can upload all kind of files (not only images)! And in the email notification is mentioned that a file was attached to the forum message. Very soon we will start a new Webinar technique. The first one is called "The Benefits of Phased Array for Weld Inspection". Please report of any other forum problems you may notice.

Rolf

Raghu
Consultant, TEACHER, INSPECTOR, FABRICATION SUPERVISOR, QA QC ENGINEER
currently not working., India, Joined Mar 2005, 6

Raghu

Consultant, TEACHER, INSPECTOR, FABRICATION SUPERVISOR, QA QC ENGINEER
currently not working.,
India,
Joined Mar 2005
08:03 Sep-10-2009
In Reply to Rolf at 21:47 Jul-24-2009 .

Dear Rolf:

I am unable to download the BENEFITS OF PAHSED ARRAY attachment to my desktop.

moreover it is very slow on the forum page.

can you suggest me how can i download it to my desktop.

Raghu.HK.

Rolf
Director,

Rolf

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
14:58 Sep-10-2009
In Reply to Raghu at 08:03 Sep-10-2009 .

Dear Raghu,

Usually the video presentation was designed for online viewing (and discussions!) but we will try to add a download link.

The speed depends on your Internet connection. The video file is about 130 MB big by 37 minutes play time. If your connection provides at least 1000 bit/sec you should be able to watch the video fluently.

Rolf

Product Spotlight

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window