where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
RT price per film ( 10cm x 40cm) for storage tank construction
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
offers equipment, systems and expertise based on ultrasonics, radiography, eddy curreent and remote visual inspection.

20:13 Aug-10-2009
ali mansour
RT price per film ( 10cm x 40cm) for storage tank construction

Dear All,

I appreciate very much if you could supply me with the average price per film ( 10cm x 40cm) for RT of above ground storage tank weld particularly in north Africa ( Libya, Algeria, morocco) and the middle east.

thank you for your help

Ali Mansour
Operation Manager

23:25 Aug-12-2009

anj

NDT Inspector
Norway,
Joined Aug 2009
Re: RT price per film ( 10cm x 40cm) for storage tank construction In Reply to ali mansour at 20:13 Aug-10-2009 (Opening).

depends if you are buying from a supplier or you are buying from a NDT company using them on your job.

From supplier maybe around 30 gbp (you can usually only buy 100 minimum)

From NDT company double that haha

Guess this is top end prices?

14:34 Aug-14-2009

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: RT price per film ( 10cm x 40cm) for storage tank construction In Reply to ali mansour at 20:13 Aug-10-2009 (Opening).

Ali

I am assumming this is an exposed film i.e. a complete examination. If so so there are many variables that affect the price such as size of tank, how far they mobilise, speed of construction. Mobilizing a crew to a remote site and having them available for say 50 days to conduct 40 shots is going to be more expensive that a one shift visit to do say 8 shots. In one cas eth price might be $90 a shot and in another it can work out at $700 a shot depending upon how the project is structured. To reduce cost you need to agglomearte work and not have people sitting around idle.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|