where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

Technical Discussions
Dalia Medini _ Green
Dalia Medini _ Green
04:30 Jul-04-2001
Ultrasonic Baths Measurements / Calibration

I am looking for information with regard to the ultrasonic bath's calibration. The baths are used in the sample preparation stage of many pharmaceuticals, but so far, I couldn't find information as to how one can "validate" his ultrasonic bath in order to obtain repetitive results.
Different baths, of different sizes, of different insrted baskets (it any), etc., change the results of the sonication process.
Thanks in advance
Dalia

Richard Freemantle
Richard Freemantle
01:36 Jul-05-2001
Re: Ultrasonic Baths Measurements / Calibration
: I am looking for information with regard to the ultrasonic bath's calibration. The baths are used in the sample preparation stage of many pharmaceuticals, but so far, I couldn't find information as to how one can "validate" his ultrasonic bath in order to obtain repetitive results.
: Different baths, of different sizes, of different insrted baskets (it any), etc., change the results of the sonication process.
: Thanks in advance
: Dalia

Dear Dalia,

This is not my area of expertise but I have recently read an article published by the National Physical Laboratory in the UK regarding establishing a reference standard for ultrasonic baths. A quick search on their web site
at www.npl.co.uk using the search term "ultrasonic bath" gave among many the following hits:

http://www.npl.co.uk/npl/acoustics/publications/articles/710.html
http://www.npl.co.uk/npl/acoustics/publications/articles/554.html
http://www.npl.co.uk/npl/acoustics/publications/cira016/index.html

Hope this is of use to you.

Best regards,

Richard Freemantle

Richard Freemantle - Managing Director

NDT Solutions Ltd
Dunston Innovation Centre
Dunston Road
Chesterfield
UK
S41 8NG

Tel: +44 (0) 1246 267550
Fax: +44 (0) 1246 269381

Email: richard.freemantle@ndtsolutions.com

JOSIP GAL,
JOSIP GAL,
02:28 Jul-06-2001
Re: Ultrasonic Baths Measurements / Calibration
Dear Dalia,
Recently I had meet in Adelaide (South Australia) David Hermanutz from Panametrics and briefly discussed NDT products as well as ultrasonic cleaning baths and problem with perforance testing.
I fully agree with you it is jungle out there!Standardization is a must if we ever want to put controlls on processes under ultrasonic activity and get predictable results.
It is laughable that in 21st century, the most recomended performance test in ultrasonic bath would be aluminium foil test.
My company GALSONIC PTY LTD is manufacturing variety of ultrasonic cleaners. You can have a look at our web site: www.galsonic.com
As a small company with orientation to custom design we often take on unusual or non-standard projects.
Perhaps if we exchange opinions and ideas via net, we may do something about it.
It will be of help if you put your wish list of parameters to be controlled together as well as size of the 'standard bath'. It will be probably of a smaller size 1L volume or so with electrical instruments hooked on INPUT SIDE and additional monitoring acoustic instruments to look after parameters in the bath. Medium in the bath has to be of known properties at least for clibration of delivered parameters. With set parameters left, by changing the medium in the bath(water , alcohol etc.) it is possible to reflect new conditions as a respons of medium to controled conditions.
Anyway if you are interested to discuss this issue any further please email me on: josipg@ozemail.com.au
with your thoughts. This sugestions are just quick response on subject wich is very tricky anyway but you know that! Kindest regards from Downunder,
JOSIP GAL, Managing Director,GALSONIC PTY LTD.

: I am looking for information with regard to the ultrasonic bath's calibration. The baths are used in the sample preparation stage of many pharmaceuticals, but so far, I couldn't find information as to how one can "validate" his ultrasonic bath in order to obtain repetitive results.
: Different baths, of different sizes, of different insrted baskets (it any), etc., change the results of the sonication process.
: Thanks in advance
: Dalia

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window