where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Technical Discussions
Simona Mihail
Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest, Romania, Joined Mar 2009, 2

Simona Mihail

Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest,
Romania,
Joined Mar 2009
09:28 Sep-07-2009
Ultrasonic

Hello,
I'm from Romania and I am currently taking doctoral studies in "Ultrasonic examination by immersion".
I found a book on internet that I need and it's impossible for me to find it in Romania but is also very expensive for me right now.
I have a question:
Is there any chance for me to find this book elsewhere, at a lower price? Or can you recommmend me another similar book or other article on this topic?
The book is: "Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection" by Tribikram Kundu
http://iste.co.uk/index.php?p=a&ACTION=View&id=175
Thank you.

Raimond Grimberg
R & D, Professor
National Institute of R&D for Technical Physics, Romania, Joined Nov 2001, 2

Raimond Grimberg

R & D, Professor
National Institute of R&D for Technical Physics,
Romania,
Joined Nov 2001
17:03 Sep-08-2009
Re: Ultrasonic
In Reply to Simona Mihail at 09:28 Sep-07-2009 (Opening).

The book "Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection" by Tribikram Kundu can be found at the Library of Politechnical University, Bucharest.
There are a lot of Ultrasound books concerning the subject of your Ph.D. thesis:
- J.Krautkramer, H.Krautkremer - Ultrasonic Testing of Materials, 4th Ed., Springer Verlag, 1990
- A.H. Harker, Elastic Waves in Solids with applications to Nondestructive testing of pipelines, British Gas.
- Lester W.Schmer, Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation - A modeling approach, Plenum Press, NY, 1998
Also, you can find a lot of literature in Romanian, published by Romanian Association for Nondestructive Examination - (AROEND).
Good luck!

Simona Mihail
Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest, Romania, Joined Mar 2009, 2

Simona Mihail

Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest,
Romania,
Joined Mar 2009
10:54 Sep-09-2009
Re: Ultrasonic
In Reply to Raimond Grimberg at 17:03 Sep-08-2009 .

Thank you for the information

IK4-IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF
The Basque technology centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection
IDEKO S.Coop
2 Showcases

Exertus Dual 120
The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75
Gammatec NDT Supplies SOC Ltd
5 Showcases 5 Videos Product Video

Trade-In Offer
We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue)
Guided Ultrasonics Ltd.
22 Showcases 3 Videos

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation
TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
The Validation Centre (TVC) Ltd
2 Showcases 4 Videos

More Showcases

Share...

We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window