where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ultrasonic
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:28 Sep-07-2009

Simona Mihail

Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest,
Romania,
Joined Mar 2009
Ultrasonic

Hello,
I'm from Romania and I am currently taking doctoral studies in "Ultrasonic examination by immersion".
I found a book on internet that I need and it's impossible for me to find it in Romania but is also very expensive for me right now.
I have a question:
Is there any chance for me to find this book elsewhere, at a lower price? Or can you recommmend me another similar book or other article on this topic?
The book is: "Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection" by Tribikram Kundu
http://iste.co.uk/index.php?p=a&ACTION=View&id=175
Thank you.

17:03 Sep-08-2009

Raimond Grimberg

R & D, Professor
National Institute of R&D for Technical Physics,
Romania,
Joined Nov 2001
Re: Ultrasonic In Reply to Simona Mihail at 09:28 Sep-07-2009 (Opening).

The book "Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection" by Tribikram Kundu can be found at the Library of Politechnical University, Bucharest.
There are a lot of Ultrasound books concerning the subject of your Ph.D. thesis:
- J.Krautkramer, H.Krautkremer - Ultrasonic Testing of Materials, 4th Ed., Springer Verlag, 1990
- A.H. Harker, Elastic Waves in Solids with applications to Nondestructive testing of pipelines, British Gas.
- Lester W.Schmer, Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation - A modeling approach, Plenum Press, NY, 1998
Also, you can find a lot of literature in Romanian, published by Romanian Association for Nondestructive Examination - (AROEND).
Good luck!

10:54 Sep-09-2009

Simona Mihail

Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest,
Romania,
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Ultrasonic In Reply to Raimond Grimberg at 17:03 Sep-08-2009 .

Thank you for the information

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|