where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Simona Mihail
Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest, Romania, Joined Mar 2009, 2

Simona Mihail

Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest,
Romania,
Joined Mar 2009
09:28 Sep-07-2009
Ultrasonic

Hello,
I'm from Romania and I am currently taking doctoral studies in "Ultrasonic examination by immersion".
I found a book on internet that I need and it's impossible for me to find it in Romania but is also very expensive for me right now.
I have a question:
Is there any chance for me to find this book elsewhere, at a lower price? Or can you recommmend me another similar book or other article on this topic?
The book is: "Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection" by Tribikram Kundu
http://iste.co.uk/index.php?p=a&ACTION=View&id=175
Thank you.

Raimond Grimberg
R & D, Professor
National Institute of R&D for Technical Physics, Romania, Joined Nov 2001, 2

Raimond Grimberg

R & D, Professor
National Institute of R&D for Technical Physics,
Romania,
Joined Nov 2001
17:03 Sep-08-2009
Re: Ultrasonic
In Reply to Simona Mihail at 09:28 Sep-07-2009 (Opening).

The book "Advanced Ultrasonic Methods for Material and Structure Inspection" by Tribikram Kundu can be found at the Library of Politechnical University, Bucharest.
There are a lot of Ultrasound books concerning the subject of your Ph.D. thesis:
- J.Krautkramer, H.Krautkremer - Ultrasonic Testing of Materials, 4th Ed., Springer Verlag, 1990
- A.H. Harker, Elastic Waves in Solids with applications to Nondestructive testing of pipelines, British Gas.
- Lester W.Schmer, Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation - A modeling approach, Plenum Press, NY, 1998
Also, you can find a lot of literature in Romanian, published by Romanian Association for Nondestructive Examination - (AROEND).
Good luck!

Simona Mihail
Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest, Romania, Joined Mar 2009, 2

Simona Mihail

Engineering
University of Polytechnic Bucharest,
Romania,
Joined Mar 2009
10:54 Sep-09-2009
Re: Ultrasonic
In Reply to Raimond Grimberg at 17:03 Sep-08-2009 .

Thank you for the information

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window