where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.
Technical Discussions
Gustavo
Gustavo
22:12 Sep-08-2009
Ultrasonic NDT application

I am thinking about working on a research topic and I would like to check its likely implementation. Is there any possible industrial application for measuring the thicknesses and characteristic impedances (or sound velocities) of layered media by means of ultrasonic waves? Specifically, I am talking about a method for discerning between materials on a substrate, whose characteristic impedances do not differ by more than ~30%. No limitation in the number of layers and a first guess is that the detectable range of thicknesses goes from 0.1mm upwards. The analysis below 0.1mm should be treatable, but not at this stage. An additional option is the detection of non uniform impedance patterns varying as a function of depth within a material. I guess that this last case should be observable in materials that are exposed to temperature processes or other kinds of fabrication treatments.

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window