where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Career Discussions
Derek Righini
Derek Righini
16:50 Oct-05-2009
NDT and OIL Rigs

Which form of NDT is most commonly used when oil rigs are are serviced? I live close to the Cromatry Firth in Scotland where rigs are brought in for service and repair. I am an ICorr paint inspector and want to do a NDT course to improve my chance of employment. I am also considering doing a rope access level 1.

Thanks all.

Lucas
Lucas
16:43 Oct-06-2009
Re: NDT and OIL Rigs
In Reply to Derek Righini at 16:50 Oct-05-2009 (Opening).

ACFM is a pretty advanced technique used in oil rigs. You can qualify at the International Training Center in Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro for the ACFM course and IRATA rope access level 1 - see http://www.itcbrasil.com.br/

Any questions let me know!

Lucas

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window