where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Tecnatom
Tecnatom has more than 50 years of experience providing services, equipment and systems devoted to NDT testing in several sectors and markets.

Career Discussions
Derek Righini
Derek Righini
16:50 Oct-05-2009
NDT and OIL Rigs

Which form of NDT is most commonly used when oil rigs are are serviced? I live close to the Cromatry Firth in Scotland where rigs are brought in for service and repair. I am an ICorr paint inspector and want to do a NDT course to improve my chance of employment. I am also considering doing a rope access level 1.

Thanks all.

Lucas
Lucas
16:43 Oct-06-2009
Re: NDT and OIL Rigs
In Reply to Derek Righini at 16:50 Oct-05-2009 (Opening).

ACFM is a pretty advanced technique used in oil rigs. You can qualify at the International Training Center in Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro for the ACFM course and IRATA rope access level 1 - see http://www.itcbrasil.com.br/

Any questions let me know!

Lucas

Product Spotlight

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection

In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
most commonly to locate targets (Pipes, Re-bars, Conduit, Fittings etc.) within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Measuring reinforcements is also performed for static calculations and to detect corrosion problems and damages. Cracks and voids can also be visualized. The examinations are not only restricted to concrete constructions; they can also be applied to reinforced masonry made of natural stones or bricks.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s